Johanna

Major Upgrade coming!

Would you add to list:

-Put "View New Post" link/button on bottom of page like the old one. When you read long post & replies, it's nice to click "view New"

Is there a way to change the color scheme or let the users change their own color scheme? I'm blue color blind (blues and greys look alike to me) and is some areas there appears to be blue on blue, whether it be text or icons, and I have to squint and stick my face a couple of inches from my screen to make out what's there. Basically, if it's not black or white or colors that are anything but blue, I'm having a really hard time making stuff out.

Damon

FYI:

Opened LW in all my browsers. Safari, IE, Chrome, Opera, FF. All looked and felt the same. None seemed faster than the others. Good Job on the multibrowser standards.

I did notice that before logging in, the color scheme was a brownish tone in all browsers. After being logged in, it turned to the blue scheme.

some people have good sense,skill's,talent,charisma,driveand determination johanna strikes me as one of those.me i'm going to poker stars for a couple la dayz n then ah'll check back hoo roo n adios pete

Personally, I totally despise alterations and upgrades. I can barely figure out what is going on so everything is made harder and more difucult. In my opinion, more is not better, more is slower, more cumberson and less inviting. The more that can be made to look and run like what we had the better.

I realize in the age of modern computers, without upgrades there would be less for programers to do. I still hate it.

Possibly it will work better later, but the site also runs much slower than it used to.

I do appreciate the work that others are doing, I would just like to see the work go into making things simple and easy, not more and elaborate. Yes, I am frusterated.

Aaron, I hear you! But LW is growing every day, and the upgrades are necessary to insure that the high traffic doesn't crash the board or worse. Don't get too excited about the general appearance yet- no skin has been installed. Anyone missing the "view new posts" can use the "Today's Active Content" link right above the members online today list. Bear with us- when we are done, I think you will all be pleased, and we will be ready for more members, content and options.

Johanna

Johanna,

Whatever happens is what we have to live with. Just please resist the temptations to add things! The more basic it is, the easier it will be to use. Hopefully it is temperary, but as of now with all the new features it takes way longer to load each page.

Aaron

Anyone else missing their avatar? Mine has disappeared!

Well there you are you little squirt!!!! I swear it was missing...no foolin'!!!!!

David Fields

Edited by David Fields

I hate when I sneak up on myself like that!

Anyone else missing their avatar? Mine has disappeared!

Well there you are you little squirt!!!! I swear it was missing...no foolin'!!!!!

David Fields

Over the past year or so, I generally lurk and learn, and only occasionally post. However, this board has had an huge (and positive!) impact on my little ol' life... thus, I feel I should speak up here. That leatherworker.net is growing such that upgrades are needed is great news! And hats off to Johanna and the other "behind the sceners" who are putting in lots of hard work on their own time to keep leatherworker.net healthy and viable for all who wish to share in this amazing community.

I am like some others here who do not relish change, so I really appreciate the reassurances during this process - especially about the blue skin! If at least the original color scheme returns, I will be much happier. For now, I will have to limit my visits with the blues and black/white contrast until it's back as it was or users can set their own color schemes. That makes me sad, but if the alternative is non-functional board, well that's a no brainer!

I agree with others that post-upgrade, the closer the end-user interface is to the pre-upgrade, the better.

I think as the upgrade is completed there will be many more things to like than to not. We all just gotta hang in there :)

Dixie

I'm glad the color changed from the 1st day. Thing's look nice, easy to move around, the learning curve isn't to steep.

Charlie

COLORS!!!!

Thanks Johanna and gang!

Damon

Huzzah the dates are working!

The new format is great - fresh and clean and easy to navigate, BUT it crashes my Internet Explorer 7 every time I try to use it! Seems OK on Firefox, but I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Perhaps it would be OK with IE8, but I'm putting off installing the new Explorer for as long as possible!

The new format is great - fresh and clean and easy to navigate, BUT it crashes my Internet Explorer 7 every time I try to use it! Seems OK on Firefox, but I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Perhaps it would be OK with IE8, but I'm putting off installing the new Explorer for as long as possible!

I'm on IE-8 and everything looks fine. Hadn't crashed from LW.

Like this morning's colors!

Regis

Still not working right here...maybe tonight... it took 40 minutes to post this

Dave

Just checking to see how everything works, so far with the exception of the missing PM's ( which i am sure will appear any day now) everything looks and works great....Thanks Johanna!

i'm on ie 8..... color is fine........BUT IS THE SITE GOING TO GET FASTER, IT SEEMS LIKE I AM ON A DIAL UP CONNECTION.,WHICH I AM NOT. :whatdoyouthink:

I'm on IE8 also and everything is really slow here too. When I click "View New Content" it makes me sign in again so that's a pretty minor glitch. Coming along great! I like the bolder colors with the beige background...spices everything up!

The apearance is getting better.

The site runs VERY slow, on my high speed work connection (it took 47 seconds for one page to open earlier, almost 5 minutes to get in far enough to read a posting). Way slower at home.

I have to sigh back in after changing pages, sometimes.

Aaron

As Diane Carol was fond of saying "I like it, I Like It, I LIKE IT!":thumbsup:

The server is converting 20,000 PMs to the new format, and when the task is completed, I expect the site to be running at normal speed and your inboxes to be restored. I could have taken the board offline while we waited, but you guys get the shakes when I do that. The upgrades are almost done, and I will be fixing the new gallery areas next.

We needed to do the software upgrade because we ant to increase the content we can bring you, and we are growing every day. The older software is not as capable of handling the traffic and modifications. Keep letting us know about any bugs if you find them- it helps! Inboxes and speed are being addressed right now- thank you for your patience!

Johanna

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION...... :grouphug5vj5::gathering::clapping::thumbsup::cheers::spoton::guitar::wavey: WHAT MORE CAN I SAY............

The new colors, time stamps fixed, speed seems 'normal' - I'm on FF on a high speed hotel connection- and quick reply seems back online.

WOW! That was fast!

Now that things are easier to read again, I'm diggin' it.

Thanks so much y'all.