I've got a dye smudge right in the middle of a piece that I've redone for exactly that same reason. Is there anything that I can do to remove it, or am I redoing this piece again? :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

I hope someone who is in the know replies to this because I just had the same problem.

Tim Worley

I hope someone who is in the know replies to this because I just had the same problem.

Tim Worley

If it is a regular spirit dye, I have to say I've never found a way to get it out. No amount of profanity will help either. Oil dye, not sure, I don't use the stuff. Maybe someone else can come up with something.

Ross Brunk

Been there, done that. And, no, the profanity doesn't help - neither does hopping up and down while using the profanity.

Depending on how large the smudge is I can recommend using acrylic paint - mixed to match the color of the area that was smudged. Don't paint it on like you're painting a house. Use small strokes and a little bit of dabbing. You will want to dab a little of the matching color in a lighter tint as well as a darker tint to make it blend well.

I had to cover the area about the size of a dime.

Gun Belt 1.jpg

Nope - you're not gonna see it... until I put oil on this or it suntans, then there will be a pale spot.

Hope this helps!

Crystal

post-6163-125322767819_thumb.jpg

HI All

I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. I called Fiebings Company and they were very helpful. I told them what happened and they suggested a deglazer??? I did not have a big enough problem to warrant driving 160 miles to San Antonio to buy the product. Next time I'm at Leather Factory, I will be looking for the product.

Happy tooling

Tim

Hi...I hate to be so darned agreeable, but I'm sure you've figured out by now that pretty much nothing will touch it. Although..... I have seen Oxalic acid actually remove stains of that sort, depending on the leather, and I've also seen Dyo Spot remover do it as well. I've never seen deglazer do it. I've also seen Oxalic acid fail, and the Dyo Spot remover fail. But for what it's worth, the oxalic acid and the spot remover are pretty amazing products, and we've used them both in our shop to remove stains and marks from leather that I thought was doomed. :) Just my 2 cts worth.

Kevin/Springfield Leather

How about for removing a spot of EF all in one?

Thanks to Tim, the deglazer worked. I applied it to the smudges with a q-tip and it lightened it to something you can barely see.

Kevin Hopkins, I appreciate the input. You just never know what'll work sometimes. Hey, an atta girl to your staff. I ordered some 'roo lace from your website and one of your girls called me on the phone to let me know it was on backorder, how long it would take for the new stuff to come in and helped find an alternate size so I could get the project finished. Not often you see above and beyond customer service like that.