Finished a couple of belts and wanted to try somethin diff with the dye so I dyed the background and border in a burnt red color.. I think they turned out alright, what do yall think???

l_62f868005da04fd185f96e5f9b254709.jpg

l_49009e39d0e941a98209a055f4f89489.jpg

post-6735-125408772921_thumb.jpg

post-6735-125408773525_thumb.jpg

Looks great to me!

Those are real beauties! Look darn good to me!

Finished a couple of belts and wanted to try somethin diff with the dye so I dyed the background and border in a burnt red color.. I think they turned out alright, what do yall think???

I really like it!!! What brand of dye did you use? Thanks Deb

Exceptional work! The color scheme is very harmonious. Nice. :)

I would also like to know more details on the finishing techniques that you used. What dye did you use? What other finishes, or techniques, did you use to complete the belt. Is the belt lined? Please share more with us. And, thanks for what you have shared!

Exceptional work! The color scheme is very harmonious. Nice. smile.gif

I would also like to know more details on the finishing techniques that you used. What dye did you use? What other finishes, or techniques, did you use to complete the belt. Is the belt lined? Please share more with us. And, thanks for what you have shared!

Hey thanks a bunch, I appreciate it.. I used Fiebings Red and Fiebings Dark Brown dye in a about 75/25 mix (just trying somethin diff). Ok when I finished tooling the belt I dyed the background and borders with that mix (took several coats). I let it dry and then rubbed on a layer of Neatlac. Let that dry and then antiqued it with Fiebings Mahogany,let that dry and then finished with a layer of Tankote. Thats just about it. Thanks again

Edited by leather1214

Wow! That background color is awesome and the tooling looks good too. I really like it. Nice job!

Will

Beautiful contrast, really makes the design stand out. Nice work!