Rayban

Wine carrier??

I'd like to make some friends of mine....who just gave me a case of their home brew....a carrier to carry a bottle of wine. Seems they always take one along when they go visit.

Has anyone here done one? If so, let me have a look see??

Thanks,

This one's for whisky but any liquid will do :rolleyes: off course this is not a bottle solution and you'll hva to poor the precious beaverage from the bottle and over to it. Just show you anyways, maybe it can give some inspiration in at least one direction or another.

Good luck with your project!

Tom

IMG_5554_01.jpg

post-5146-1206484759_thumb.jpg

Hey Tom, very Cool.

tom

now that's snazzy!

Thank you Guys! It's buried in some thread around here, not in showoff anymore. Picturedense off course and some stuff on assembly aswell.

Tom

Now that is slick, Tom! You did some really fine lacing on that.

If you make another one, I think the handle would be more substantial if you braided it over a rawhide core. This one doesn't look

like it would bear the weight. Just an observation. :rolleyes:

This one's for whisky but any liquid will do :rolleyes: off course this is not a bottle solution and you'll hva to poor the precious beaverage from the bottle and over to it. Just show you anyways, maybe it can give some inspiration in at least one direction or another.

Good luck with your project!

Tom

Now that is slick, Tom! You did some really fine lacing on that.

If you make another one, I think the handle would be more substantial if you braided it over a rawhide core. This one doesn't look

like it would bear the weight. Just an observation. :rolleyes:

Hey Hedge, you know your way around leather and it's absolutely true what you say. This braid has a steel wire inside that needs reshaping after use. It was just a fun thing to try that I threw in when making the sheething. It should have been tighter aswell but this was my first (and so far only) braid. That mexican basketweaving was also my first except for a 4" testpiece before getting serious.

Thanks alot for your kind words and I apreciate any help I can get!

Tom

Guess I'll try another room for my wine thingy....

I don't have any patterns rayban but this search shows a lot of examples....

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&amp...G=Google+Search

I made this one a while back. I bought a wine gift tube from Michael's Craft Shop (cost about $2) and then covered it with leather. It was a big hit.

ArtS

Tom, I think you're a natural at lacing. You've got it down.

As far as the braiding, I've no doubt you'll catch on to that quickly. One key preparation to make a good smooth braid is to bevel

the edges on the flesh side for leather and hair side for rawhide.

Another trick is to roll the finished braid. I just use a couple of smooth pieces of hardwood and roll it between them. You'd be surprised at how good that makes it look.

Gary

Hey Hedge, you know your way around leather and it's absolutely true what you say. This braid has a steel wire inside that needs reshaping after use. It was just a fun thing to try that I threw in when making the sheething. It should have been tighter aswell but this was my first (and so far only) braid. That mexican basketweaving was also my first except for a 4" testpiece before getting serious.

Thanks alot for your kind words and I apreciate any help I can get!

Tom

Tom, I think you're a natural at lacing. You've got it down.

As far as the braiding, I've no doubt you'll catch on to that quickly. One key preparation to make a good smooth braid is to bevel

the edges on the flesh side for leather and hair side for rawhide.

Another trick is to roll the finished braid. I just use a couple of smooth pieces of hardwood and roll it between them. You'd be surprised at how good that makes it look.

Gary

Thank you Gary, I'm flattered and thanks for the tips, I've taken notes to remember next time!

I like braiding and lacing so I'll pop my head into it as soon as possible. Gonna get me some nice books on the subject aswell.

ArtS, nice carrier! That'll work good for any type of bottle. Scotch single malt whiskys often comes in cylinder boxes so it might be worth checking if there's someone nearby drinking it that would donate a box.

Rayban, how about that cylinder box or are you looking for somethin more simple?? I just thought of a nice piece of leater that wraps around the bottle and then tighten it with a cord so bottle doesn't slip out and two handles on the sides. With some trick tooling on the leather it could work well consider the little amount of time that'd go inte such a thing. Just gotta make sure the bottle doesn't slide out of it, maybe some rubberspray treatment on the inside.

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Not sure if this is what your after?

barra

PSWinebeltx4.jpg

post-1669-1206570874_thumb.jpg

Thanks all......I think I have one built in my mind now....just have to transfer it over to leather.

Oh, hope we get to see it!

I'm kinda eager to see stuff at the moment since I make a large item and go slow with it, the lust to finish off projects and post them at a higher rate is eating me inside out.

Tom

Oh, hope we get to see it!

I'm kinda eager to see stuff at the moment since I make a large item and go slow with it, the lust to finish off projects and post them at a higher rate is eating me inside out.

Tom

Know what ya mean Tom...my problem is I'll be in the middle of a project, then I get this itch to start on another one....and another one....

But the wine carrier is a gift I need by April 19...so you will be seeing it....

Thanks again....

Oh yeah! Now I'm just so curious!

Actually, I got the itch really bad today for making myself a new belt for our whisky clubs trip to Scotland in may.

Just have to bite it out of me and try to get along with brading the string I need. It is soo difficult and I'm in a slacker mood now (and having a couple of whiskys..but shhh don't tell anyone, it's only Thursday)

Tom.

I made this one a while back. I bought a wine gift tube from Michael's Craft Shop (cost about $2) and then covered it with leather. It was a big hit.

ArtS

ArtS, that is really beautiful and UNIQUE! I love it!

Really cool ide ArtS,and i love the way it turned out, your work is awesome...Very useful as a pressie:-)Really cool ide ArtS,and i love the way it turned out, your wotk is awesome...Very useful as a pressie:-)

Edited by Tina