Bobby

Hidecrafters

Got an e-mail flyer yesterday from Hidecrafters with a nice coupon code for 25% off.....thought OK..I'll get some things I've been wanting .....tried to order online......entered the coupon code in the box at checkout and all it says is "Coupon code not found" Please try again" :blink: ....also, logged in, then at checkout, it says "you are not a registered customer" and wants all the shipping info re-entered...DUH ! :(

...anyone else having trouble ordering from Hidecrafters on their website?

Frustrated,

Bobby

Got an e-mail flyer yesterday from Hidecrafters with a nice coupon code for 25% off.....thought OK..I'll get some things I've been wanting .....tried to order online......entered the coupon code in the box at checkout and all it says is "Coupon code not found" Please try again" blink.gif ....also, logged in, then at checkout, it says "you are not a registered customer" and wants all the shipping info re-entered...DUH ! sad.gif

Frustrated,

Bobby

I have found with Hide Crafters that the best way to get what you want/need is to call them. Their website has been less than stellar for quite some time now.

Good luck

Hilly

Got an e-mail flyer yesterday from Hidecrafters with a nice coupon code for 25% off.....thought OK..I'll get some things I've been wanting .....tried to order online......entered the coupon code in the box at checkout and all it says is "Coupon code not found" Please try again" blink.gif ....also, logged in, then at checkout, it says "you are not a registered customer" and wants all the shipping info re-entered...DUH ! sad.gif

Frustrated,

Bobby

I would just put that cupon in the garbage, I was by Hidecrafters the other day, and it looks like they are going out of business. It used to be the greatest place to go for supplies. Now most of the shelves are empty. They have almost no employees anymore. Talking with a few other leather workers, it seems everyone is just waiting for them to lock the doors any day now. What a shame, this was once my favorite place to shop.

OK.......thanks for the heads up ya'll....will arrange to shop else where....

(dag gum it...wish someone else made those pebble back grounders, would have liked to get a set of those :bawling: )

Bobby

Y'know, that may be the reason they're not doing so well, everyone's so eager to dump on them. I haven't seen any other supplier offering 25% off your order with any regularity, seems to me they're eager for business. I don't use them as often as I should, but it's still nice to talk to Ron and get exactly what I order, in a timely fashion. I'll give them as much business as I can, gotta help the little guy out.

pebble back grounders look here http://www.sdtradingco.com/stamps/probasket.htm bottom of the page

charlie

Thank you much Charlie...... :spoton:

...some how I missed S & D...nice site! ..I'll look into gettin that backgrounder set now.

Bobby

Sign of the times, folks. Probably see a lot of stores, suppliers going T.U. before long.

Edited by Go2Tex

OK.......thanks for the heads up ya'll....will arrange to shop else where....

(dag gum it...wish someone else made those pebble back grounders, would have liked to get a set of those :bawling: )

Bobby

Springfield Leather was selling them :clapping: - call Kevin Hopkins.The numbers are PA003, PA004 & PA005

russ

Edited by whinewine

OK....& a 'Thanks' to you too!... whinewine...... :thumbsup: ...

looked up the tool section - didn't show the pebbler's, so I e-mailed them for the prices.

(as their prices in general on their other tools were better than most)

Bobby

OK....& a 'Thanks' to you too!... whinewine...... :thumbsup: ...

looked up the tool section - didn't show the pebbler's, so I e-mailed them for the prices.

(as their prices in general on their other tools were better than most)

Bobby

Bobby- call them- 800-668-8518. It's a free call, it's much quicker than email, and they don't bite :Holysheep: . There are lots of things not listed on their site. They have specials & things & tools not listed, so all you need to do is ask: "do you have ..." :yeah::17:

russ

Russ,

Alas!... there in lies my delima,.......I'm just about deaf as a door nail without my hearing aid, and even with it , press one for whatever does me absolutely no good at all .. :whistle: hence, why I order online...... :yes: ...but all is well, Kevin responded promptly ( it is a special order), gave me the prices ( super by the way) & I'm waiting on code numbers.

Thanks again, ;)

Bobby

Called and placed an order just yesterday with Ron at Hidecrafters.

Items in stock. Phone still work and there are employees.

Website can use some help, but those who are complaining... do you have a updated, functional e-commerce site?

What's that... No? :eusa_naughty: Yeah I thought so.

Until you have an proof of a supplier closing the doors, keep your personal opinions about the viability of businesses to yourself.

I have always found Hidecrafters to be a friendly, well stocked and valuable resource. And if they ever lock the doors and close shop maybe then it will appropriate to opine about your opinions on their employee staffing, stock, and whatever else you may choose to whine about.

Now if you have a complaint with a supplier and can't get it resolved then yea, by all means let someone know. But to plant a seed of doubt and then run a potential customer away because of an unsubstantiated rumor... ?

If this post offends anyone.... Good. It was meant to. The lack of common courtesy displayed by some in previous post set the precedent.

Allen

I placed an order from Hidecrafters website last week, and had no problems at all. I live all the way in the northeast and my order arrived in four days. I never talked to anybody in person, just ordered from the website.

I ordered a book from Hidecrafters a few months ago. Not being familar with purchasing off websites I couldnt get the thing to work so emailed them about payment etc. They were most obliging, patient and helpful and quite willing to send the book halfway round the world. I would purchase from them again, no problem. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about Zack White's who didnt even bother to answer my email. Thank you Hidecrafter leather Company.

DJ

Hello all, just got off the phone with one of the owners at Hidecrafters and he says "business as usual", of course, we could use more, but doin' fine. Steve

Called and placed an order just yesterday with Ron at Hidecrafters.

Items in stock. Phone still work and there are employees.

Website can use some help, but those who are complaining... do you have a updated, functional e-commerce site?

What's that... No? eusa_naughty.gif Yeah I thought so.

Until you have an proof of a supplier closing the doors, keep your personal opinions about the viability of businesses to yourself.

I have always found Hidecrafters to be a friendly, well stocked and valuable resource. And if they ever lock the doors and close shop maybe then it will appropriate to opine about your opinions on their employee staffing, stock, and whatever else you may choose to whine about.

Now if you have a complaint with a supplier and can't get it resolved then yea, by all means let someone know. But to plant a seed of doubt and then run a potential customer away because of an unsubstantiated rumor... ?

If this post offends anyone.... Good. It was meant to. The lack of common courtesy displayed by some in previous post set the precedent.

Allen

GRETTER SAID BIG PAPA

***Update***

Hey all,

I started this thread & just wanted to give a fair accounting > .......

1st for Big Papa

Phone still work
...I'm Deaf & can't use a phone, thus on-line ordering is important to me.....

well,....never did resolve about the online discount flyer, but I did go ahead and order (on-line) from Hidecrafters anyway as they had a good price on a couple kits & tools I wanted....then >..... :unsure: glitch >.....only recieved part of the order...e-mailed Ron >....Wow! :jawdropper: ....he replied back in about 2-3 hours...sent the rest of my order out that evening......finished the kits (posted in 'critque my work') in time for X-mas........couldn't be happier :thumbsup:

Never meant any mal-intent towards Hidecrafters as they proved to be a reputable outfit....just wanted to know if anyone else was having trouble with the on-line flyers..

Good Fortune, Holidays & Health to all,

Bobby

Wanted to put my two cents in on this one, ordered from Ron a number of times, no complaints, ever. As far as the 25 percent coupon, I also tried using it on line with the same problem, nothing but a glitch, called up, placed order and gave coupon code and Ron says "Have you recieved the post card in the mail for 30 percent discount? Which I hadnt, but he went ahead and gave me the additional 5 percent anyway. And it seems the online glitch is fixed because I used the coupon code for the $20 off and it works now. I'll continue to do business with Ron, as I will with Kevin and Zack Whites, all of these guys are top notch.

Edited by rickeyfro