Here is a pair of chinks that came out of the shop today. The bodies are Bucktan From the Hide House. Yokes and Side panels are 7/8 H.O. light oil and Light brown Fiebings antique.

These Conchos are Horshoe Brand from Weaver (Jerimiah Watt) I really like them I think I will use them more, the are a real nice Heavy concho for half the price of Tandy's and they look a heck of lot nicer too.

The fringe is twisted up on these ones. This is the first time I have had a pair hold a twist this tight and to be honest I hope it loosens up just a little.

Becky Rose Chinks 2.jpgBecky Rose Chinks Yokes.jpg

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions just ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tim Worley

TK Leather

post-9593-126041194119_thumb.jpg

post-9593-126041196747_thumb.jpg

Absolutely fantastic!

Very Nice. I'm a big fan of barbwire and it really looks nice.

Butch

Hi Tim,

How did you learn to do your first pair? I just bought leather to make my first pair, and I don't know how to get started. I imagine buy a pattern? What do you suggest? My largest concern is that I want them to fit properly.....suggestions on how you got started with something new?

These are beautiful, my leather is the same color, so I am really excited to start and see what comes out of it! And, by the way, I migth have to buy heavier leather, but what weight is recommended for chaps and chinks?

Charlene Stovin

Here is a pair of chinks that came out of the shop today. The bodies are Bucktan From the Hide House. Yokes and Side panels are 7/8 H.O. light oil and Light brown Fiebings antique.

These Conchos are Horshoe Brand from Weaver (Jerimiah Watt) I really like them I think I will use them more, the are a real nice Heavy concho for half the price of Tandy's and they look a heck of lot nicer too.

The fringe is twisted up on these ones. This is the first time I have had a pair hold a twist this tight and to be honest I hope it loosens up just a little.

Becky Rose Chinks 2.jpgBecky Rose Chinks Yokes.jpg

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions just ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tim Worley

TK Leather

Hi Tim,

How did you learn to do your first pair? I just bought leather to make my first pair, and I don't know how to get started. I imagine buy a pattern? What do you suggest? My largest concern is that I want them to fit properly.....suggestions on how you got started with something new?

These are beautiful, my leather is the same color, so I am really excited to start and see what comes out of it! And, by the way, I migth have to buy heavier leather, but what weight is recommended for chaps and chinks?

Charlene Stovin

Well I got started because a friend of mine had a leather shop that I used to hang out at alot. My chinks were wore out and he helped me build my first pair, Those ones turned out Horible compared to these ones but I have almost 100 pair under me now. I drew up my own pattern based on the ones that my friend helped me build I took his pattern (with his permission) and then I changed a few things that I thought would make them better. Now I have changed that pattern a dozen times I am sure but now I think I have it where I want it. The weight of the leather for these ones is 6/7 oz if you look back at some that I have done there is a green and Yellow pair and those are only 4 oz.

I hope this helps

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

Well I just wanted to say Thanks to those of you who have Commented. I really appreciate it. If anyone has any suggestions or things to do different Let me know.

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

Tim, you're gettin to be one of the real hands on here. Nice chinks as usual.

Tim, you're gettin to be one of the real hands on here. Nice chinks as usual.

Well thanks Randy but I think I still have a long way to go to compare to any of the "real hands" on here. I think that I have come a long way in the past few years but there is a long road still to travel to be able to be even near the class that I want to be at someday.

Tim Worley

TK-Leather

Those chinks are great! What did you do to get the leather to hold the twist so well? Is there a specific type of leather (oz / type) that holds the twist? I'd like to put it on my handbag.

Thank yoU!

Nice job Tim! Very clean and professional. I like them a lot, and I am sure that the owner will also. Keep up the good work.

Bob

Very nice. I am just starting a pair for a lady who asked for barbwire, basket stamp and her brand. I did not think I would be able to fit all of that and make it look good so thanks for sharing yours pictures. Did you put the brand on both yokes?