shannon's purse diaper bag 09.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Krisit 09.jpg

kristi front.jpg

Make the mistake of asking my daughters what they wanted for christmas way too close for Christmas. Youngest wanted a med. size purse and the oldest wanted one the size of a diaper bag.

For you youngest I was able to find a pattern from an old kit that Wayne at Standing Bears Trading post let me borrow. The initials on it came from work, they were for eyeglass temples.

The oldest I made a pattern similar to a saddle bag using the accordion gusset that Wayne suggested to me from Stohlman's case making book. I made a single center back.

Anne

post-55-126316723144_thumb.jpg

post-55-126316724167_thumb.jpg

post-55-126316727303_thumb.jpg

post-55-126316740233_thumb.jpg

Two fine looking purses.......would you have an idea as to how many hours that it

took to do them?

Started on the two of them late Sept. working only a couple hrs on Wed nights and Most of Saturdays since then. the larger two sided one took the longest as I had to make my own purse pattern for it and a huge learning curve on the gussets. The tooling design on both were old Al Shelton designs.

Both are excellent but I like the first one the best! Nice carving and construction!

Awesome work, Anne. I too like the first one best, the handle looks sharp.

I like the colors of the second, too. Some stark contrast without being too much. That was one of the first "full-size" handbags I made, Tandy "Le Monde" design from the 80's (oops, telling on my age...)

Looks good!

Second is my favorite. They are both wonderful.