kimberangel

Gothic Unicorn

Ok, so this is the Gothic Unicorn Commision I had talked about. Now mind you I have never before seen nor heard of a Gothix Unicorn, but as they say , "The Customer is ALAWYS Right" . This started out that he wanted it on a motorcylce seat and then decided it was to be on his leather vest. So, here it is. I like the finished product if not the idea of an evil unicorn.

kimber

100_0140.JPG

post-5775-1207357284_thumb.jpg

Yup, that's goth, alright. (At least in the modern sense, not necessarily the kind of "gothic" that was in vogue when the original Goths roamed the earth.) First time I've seen a unicorn with fangs, but as you point out, the customers get to call the shots. (Most of the time, anyway.) ;)

Kate

I like the way it's done and He doesn't look like a very nice character for sure.

Nice stuff and I like the looks of it. There's something special about the colouring.

Tom

Yep, that is a Gothic Unicorn. Great job Kimber and very nicely colored.

Ken

wow this guys/gal looks ebil. Bery bery ebil. I like the concept.

Thanks all, and yes, i agree , this Unicorn looks very very evil. Like Kate said;"i have never seen a unicorn with fangs before". Tom , the coloring was a collaboration of what the customer wanted and my own ideas. He wanted it to look metal, hard, tough. The issue is how tough? So instead of just gold and silver as he suggested , i darkened the silver to a pewter color and used the various shades of bronze as well.i did not want him to look just black so i aged him a bit to make his evil more pronounced. The grays blended with the blacks help to make him seem more grizzled, as anger and age as a combination often does. He is picking it up today. i will let you know what he thinks.

Have a great day all.

kimber

I think you did the right decision about the colouring as oppoed to suggested and you must be quite good with drawing/painting I think.

I think I know how he will feel about it :clapping::red_bandana:

Tom

Wow! I've never heard of a unicorn with fangs before either, and I've been circling around the edges of the Goth scene for years. It takes all sorts I suppose. ;)

Considering that you didn't like the subject matter - and I know how hard it can be to find motivation when commissions come in that you feel unsure about - you did an excellent job here!

Thank you both.The customer's wife saw it last weekend before it was finished and she loved it. Let's hope he feels the same. Maybe this guy will start a new Gothic Unicorn trend ,lol. As far as drawing and coloring Tom, i have always had an eye for color. Decorating is a hobby and you ahve to know coclor for that. As for drawing, hmmm, that is a matter of opinion. i just love leather i do know that !

Kimber, what type of paint did you use for this project?

Kate

Kimber, what type of paint did you use for this project?

Kate

Hi Kate, These are arcylic paints. With a dye background. I am still waiting on the customer to arrive. Biting nails here.

Kim... that is outrageous!! awesome work... detail is so dramatic... incredible !!! Linda

Thank You Linda,Tom, Beaver,Kate, Xoth, and Spider.You have all been very kind in you words.

Well the customer came to pick up the vest yesterday. He was so happy he was dancing around the store and even cried. He even had me shaking, i was afraid that he would have a heart atack. ShotgunWillie was there and said he thought the man was going to wet hiis pants, and has nicknamed my customer Tigger, because he was bouncing all over the place. LOL, well i guess i have another satisfied customer. i have to tell you though,

i still do not like this piece! Thanks for all of your support.

kimber

here is the final pic , customer is very pleased

Gothic_Unicorn_Vest.jpg

post-5775-1207499227_thumb.jpg

wow, I didn't realize that peice was so big. outstanding work, and it had to be tough doing a subject you don't care for. but hey you pulled it of with flying colors (hey maybe a goth pegasus next? sorry the flying colors set me off). very nicely done Kinmber.