Pip

Tina don't look, NO tina NO........

I said No tina

:eusa_naughty:

HELPOk so heres the thing, I been creating a little something for Tina for the PIF idea, which I think is fab. and on speaking to her desided on the creation of my first mask. So far so good, she wanted something from Liverpool, uk so I decided on the cities symbol, she seems to like masks so here goes.BUT on finishing my mask formation, i knocked the thing of the table and it collided with Project PIF 1 taking some of the antiquing on the nose....I was going to use acrylic inks to dye it lovely colours but because of the black nose i can't, or can i ANY SUGGESTIONS? I would really appreciate some helpBelow are pics of the problemP.S. its supposed to be a Liverbird!

Leatherplay_030a.JPG

post-3537-1207492452_thumb.jpg

Hi Pip,

Your Liverbird is looking great! And that's your first mask? The staining doesn't look very bad. I would suggest either you paint the beak in an acrylic paint which will cover it over since it's opaque, or after you've dyed everything do a little antiquing on it so that the "black nose" isn't noticeable. Good job!

Try a light touch with fine grade sandpaper and a heavy layer of acrylic.

Thanks guys, i'll try sandpaper then acrylic then maybe inks over that. Now to problem no 2 do i do it as the weathered brass as in the statue or like a pheonix/cormerant

Could be difficult getting the right colour for patinated bronze and pigeon c**p, I'd go for the original heraldic silver or black like Macca's crest.

That is a wonderful mask/bird!I'm stunned by all the cool mask makers and their work that we've seen here lately.There's no exceptions with this mask, looks just as great as the others.To knock me over with a mask again now would require an elefant mask that blows water with the nose!Nice job Pip!Tom

Could be difficult getting the right colour for patinated bronze and pigeon c**p, I'd go for the original heraldic silver or black like Macca's crest.
:NEWFUNNYPOST: Tom

:NEWFUNNYPOST:

You are right pigeon shit is hard to get right :surrender: . Thanks guys, I appreciate the help, I took a little from each, I used acryllic dyes, light tan with an antiquing wax fr the beak a black background overbrushed/drybrushed with metallics, had two orders for more today on its outing to work to get finished in my lunch hour :blink: I can't believe it I knew I should've made a pattern d'oh.

Thanks

Edited by Pip

It's been a while since I browsed the forum here, but wow - your bird masks are rather spectacular.

~very impressed~ And inspired.

:D

It's been a while since I browsed the forum here, but wow - your bird masks are rather spectacular.

~very impressed~ And inspired.

:D

from you a compliment indeed!! thanks

Hi,

I thought i would paste the photo here of the finished mask...it's gorgeous :thumbsup:

P1010740LW.jpg

post-5624-1247694433_thumb.jpg

Wow that is really cool,

It turned out very, very nice!