Sign in to follow this  
MarkB

Slobber Leathers

Here is the latest pair they are out of HO 10oz lined with 3oz. Icarved the brand on them and border stamp them with a Carlos border.:whatdoyouthink:

Thanks for looking

Mark

IMGP1352.jpg

post-9505-126423462196_thumb.jpg

Nice clean work Mark. I like the makers stamp. I'm always trying different ways to dress up the border. Looks good.

DMcLean

As usual your work looks great. Nice job Mark!

Looking really great!!

Taht border is well planned and meet perfectly in corners!! Clean and pro looking!!

Tom

Thank you all. I like that border a lot. That was a Berry King stamp, it's the smallest he had in stock at the time and it was just right for these.

Mark

They look real good Mark! Your workmanship is really neat and clean! The tiny meandering border is terrific!

Mark- Beautiful work!

Question though

Did you cut or click the straps before tooling? I ask because I wanted to know how you got the "channel" widths parallel and even with the stitch groove.

What I mean is, did you cut it out, lay in the stitch groove and use IT as a reference to mark the parallel channel for the border stamp?

thanks and once again REALLY NICE WORK

respectfully

pete

Mark- Beautiful work!

Question though

Did you cut or click the straps before tooling? I ask because I wanted to know how you got the "channel" widths parallel and even with the stitch groove.

What I mean is, did you cut it out, lay in the stitch groove and use IT as a reference to mark the parallel channel for the border stamp?

thanks and once again REALLY NICE WORK

respectfully

pete

Pete

I case them, cut out to size, then put in the stitch grove, then use a set of dividers to lay out the cut lines for the border and then bevel and stamp. Hope that helps.

Mark