This is a new design  have beeen working on the carving is just simple on this one as that is what was requested. Have some cooler one coming.

That's nice. What a great idea - my card case is currently metal. That's such a nice way to show off your work.

Thanks Jacquee,

Have to say thanks but wait till I get some of the otehrs on the site. Went to your site and was very imporessed. I make jewelry on occasion too but your braided horsehair is awesome. That along with some many other forms of cowboy art are slowly diminishing. Those of us who work with our hands have a deeper apprec

ation for what it takes to create so many things.

Hope that my hands don"tr succumb to arthritis. Even then I am reminded of the great impressionist painter Monet who suffered from a crippling and painfull version of arthritis. O

e of his associates asked him why he still painted

as just the act of holding the brush was so painful. He would continue for as lo

g as the beauty was still coming out of his fingers.

I have a theory though....if you don't use it you loose it... and along those lines I figure that the use of my fingers and hands and ever so occasionally my brain might stave off the potential of that sort of thing.

Hope to be seeing more of your work on here soon.

Thanx,

Storm

I like that design, it looks to me like it would be easy to pull the card out,

vs the 2 pocket ones, you dont mind if i use this do you?

Thanx Luke,

What I found t be helpfull is to put it all together and then prior to finishing I soak the inside pocket with a damp sponge and the slowly take old plastic credit cards and insert the one bu one while flushing each successive card to one side or the other. I occasionally tap them into place with a nylon hammer. I then use a molding tool to to form a molded pocket and smooth it out. I just leave the cards in place until the leather is dry. You end up with a pocket that will hold more cards than if you don't.  I did one recently for a friend who was a schizophrenic. Wanted two pockets for two different cards he carries.

Storm

nice work storm, good design, looking forward to seeing more

Thanx Luke,

What I found t be helpfull is to put it all together and then prior to finishing I soak the inside pocket with a damp sponge and the slowly take old plastic credit cards and insert the one bu one while flushing each successive card to one side or the other. I occasionally tap them into place with a nylon hammer. I then use a molding tool to to form a molded pocket and smooth it out. I just leave the cards in place until the leather is dry. You end up with a pocket that will hold more cards than if you don't.  I did one recently for a friend who was a schizophrenic. Wanted two pockets for two different cards he carries.

Storm

Hey Man thanks ..... that is what i was going to do. already have a ps of 3/8 plywood cut out for the moulding... :whistle:

Nice looking work Storm, great idea as well with forming the pockets to be a bit bigger.

Ken

Here is another thought. If you are going to use wood then I might suggest sanding off the rough edges and giving it a nice coat of polyurethane to protect from moisture. If you were going to use it alot then I might suggest having it cut from plastic. Better yet maybe three pieces of 1/4 thick plastic. Then put two pieces in to thepocket to be formed and the gently tap and insert the third between the first and second. Sort of a gradual strech in that way. Good luck.

Storm

Hey Man thanks ..... that is what i was going to do. already have a ps of 3/8 plywood cut out for the moulding... :whistle:

this was a neat little thing!

I immediatly saw the potential for converting this to a type of memorycard/lenscloth etc. holder to have on the straps for my camerabag aswell.

Nice stuff!

Tom

Great idea Tom. Lets take it a bit farther and put a snap closure but swap out the crown with a concho. Tandy has these cool kits that have screws and spacer/washers . You just screw the concho to the snap with the tailormade screw. Check out this site called  www.conchos.com. Real great prices and nice stuff.

this was a neat little thing!

I immediatly saw the potential for converting this to a type of memorycard/lenscloth etc. holder to have on the straps for my camerabag aswell.

Nice stuff!

Tom

Nice looking! I like it :)

I'll have to try making one especially that now, I don't have any excuse for not doing it. What a great idea, using plastic cards to stretch the leather and form it. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

way to go storm. that is a great idea and a nice peice. looking forward to seeing more.