mudtwo

I couldn't find a ten year old kid to help guide me through all the leather working sites that came up when I did a search and stumbled on to this one all on my own! What a lucky break. I have had more questions answered here in a couple of hours than the years that I have picked other leather workers brains. I live in southwest Wyoming, have a little cow outfit that is struggling to survive the drought and work at a feed store part time. Past leather working has always been of necessity, now it fills the slow times at work. I find this pastime a challenge and very enjoyable. To all of you that post pictures of projects, I am in awe of the artistry and pride that are in every project that I have viewed and realize that I have a ways to go!

Mudtwo,

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great folks here to share skills, knowledge, and friendships.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Regis

I couldn't find a ten year old kid to help guide me through all the leather working sites that came up when I did a search and stumbled on to this one all on my own! What a lucky break. I have had more questions answered here in a couple of hours than the years that I have picked other leather workers brains. I live in southwest Wyoming, have a little cow outfit that is struggling to survive the drought and work at a feed store part time. Past leather working has always been of necessity, now it fills the slow times at work. I find this pastime a challenge and very enjoyable. To all of you that post pictures of projects, I am in awe of the artistry and pride that are in every project that I have viewed and realize that I have a ways to go!

Hi,

I am also new and you are Just "over the hill". My husband lived in Rock Springs for many years and we also have a small cattle operation. Take the time to look at all the pictures that have been posted under the topics if you have not done so yet. I now have an entire list of new leather things that I have added to my "wish list".

Lady J

hi wellcome mudtwo enjoy your stay make it a long one walletman(bob) :red_bandana:

mudtwo, realy good to have you find the place on your own, who said kids know everything?

As Regis said, you've come to the right place, everyone here is more than happy to help out as needed. Any question will most likely be answered, and with all the knowledgable people here, you know your going to get the right answers.

Enjoy the forum.

Ken

Welcome to the forum, Mudtwo :welcome:

Some of the best ideas come from those who make their own gear out of necessity.

Rock Springs...spent a summer working out of Rawlins and taking camping trips to the Big Horns. Always did like Wyoming. :)

Welcome to the forum, Mudtwo :welcome:

Some of the best ideas come from those who make their own gear out of necessity.

Rock Springs...spent a summer working out of Rawlins and taking camping trips to the Big Horns. Always did like Wyoming. :)

Geeezzz you two --- Rock Springs and Rawlins! The place I can think of that is more windy is Cheyenne! Now the Big Horns, the Wind River Mts.m Pinedale -- that is my idea of Wyoming :cowgirl:

Welcome to the forum, we are glad you found us, as all have stated this place is full of people that are willing to help out, Don

Geeezzz you two --- Rock Springs and Rawlins! The place I can think of that is more windy is Cheyenne! Now the Big Horns, the Wind River Mts.m Pinedale -- that is my idea of Wyoming :cowgirl:

Yeah, but Rawlins/Rock Springs is Butch Cassidy country! :cowboy:

Edited by Hedge

Hello and welcome!

Looking forward to see your stuff!

Tom