I've been at it pretty much all day. Maybe I should stop more often to catch them up so I don't need to do so many at a time, and end up basically sick of lacing. Anybody selling a "lacer" machine? Anyway, here's the first couple ... I'll get some pictures of the rest when the kids aren't asleep...

Whoa, Those are Absolute Beauties! If i Could Paint at the smallest fraction of your skill, i'd never leave the Workbench Again. As For the Lacing, it helps to leave the Barge Glue Lid Off. :D Great Work!

-Colter

Edited by Thalaskaru

Too kind .... these are the "factory seconds" actually, but I like the glue lid idea!

Jeff,

That is some mighty nice work and coloring!

thumbsup.gif

Johnny

You're doing fine!

You might try taking a rubber mallet and lightly 'TAMP' your lace into place. It helps even it out, gets rid of any twisted spots.

Very nice job on the wallets!!

It may seem like forever that it took you to finish your lacing but you'll get faster with time. I was like you when I first started, but now I can lace an entire chopper/bobber seat with a Mexican Basketweave in a day. It's about 35 ft of lace and 200+ holes per seat.

Troy

Thanks, Troy. I remember the evil clown thing you did recently, and I love the lacing you did on that. Keep thinking I want to learn some more of that type of stuff. Then I lace 6-8 wallets in a day and that idea goes away for a while :)

Thanks, Troy. I remember the evil clown thing you did recently, and I love the lacing you did on that. Keep thinking I want to learn some more of that type of stuff. Then I lace 6-8 wallets in a day and that idea goes away for a while :)

I'd like to take credit for the Evil Klown, but that wasn't my project... That was Dave Theobald's masterpiece! (Evil Clown Seat Link) My latest feat was the 'East Coast Toppers' (Toppers Tree Service) seat... (East Coast Toppers Seat)

And honestly, I'd rather have 3 or 4 projects prepared and ready to lace at once. I shut the world out and just start lacing. I get into a rhythm and after an hour or so, the cramps go away and my hands learn where they have to be... then the momentum takes over and before ya know it, you're trimming the final lace...

OOpss... sorry ... that musta been the same time you were setting up the new website (my sincerity exceeds my memory :) ).

I generally do some carving for a while, then do some painting for a while, then some assembly. It IS more efficient, I just don't find "double cordovan" that interesting, I guess. Seems like with a lot of people lacing = double loop.

HI JL ;;;

I lace 90% of my work ,,For myself I enjoy lacing;; my lacing must be of the same quality as the tooling;;it takes time to learn ; like tooling.. the lacing used on the bikes seats is my next project to learn ?????

enjoy ...Doc...

Here's ALMOST all the others I did yesterday. If you fellas are about tired of seeing them, you can guess how tired I am of lacing them bawling.gif

Only one left to go ...

Edited by JLSleather

Here's ALMOST all the others I did yesterday. If you fellas are about tired of seeing them, you can guess how tired I am of lacing them bawling.gif

Only one left to go ...

Beautiful work! That lilly is fantastic! You are quite the arteest.

Thanks much, Hilly! I asked on the board a while back what kind of flower that was on my craftaid, and the consensus was lily. So I googled "lily pic" and got like the first 25 of 25 million or something like that (translation, paint it any color you want). Course, there was included alot of pics of some scant-clad girlie named Lilly, which distracted me and threw me off for a week or so ... wub.gif

Black lace, dk brown lace, medium brown lace, tan lace, ... phew. Last one. Now, on to the saddle stitching...