Sign in to follow this  
RustyMelton

Recovering Project

I had a customer contact me and ask if I could recover a old vinyl covered pool cue case with some tooled leather. Here's a few pictures of what I came up with. I thought I turned out pretty cool looking. Thanks for looking.

Rusty

100_2390.jpg

100_2407.jpg

100_2449.jpg

100_2463.jpg

100_2457.jpg

100_2424.jpg

100_2451.jpg

100_2462.jpg

looks excellent to me. Im sure theyll be pleased with it. nice job. Bronc/Bonnie

Rusty....All I can do is echo John's words. YOU ARE THERE!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Always a pleasure to see your work.

Storm

Thanks Bonnie and Storm, I appreciate the nice comments!

WOW! You did a beautiful job!

Not bad for the first time doing this type of case. As usual your tooling is impeccable. I think you can see the things which are troublesome on this type of case. The important part is that you got it done and it looks great!

How did you like getting all the glue off the tubes from the previous covering ;-)

Not bad for the first time doing this type of case. As usual your tooling is impeccable. I think you can see the things which are troublesome on this type of case. The important part is that you got it done and it looks great!

How did you like getting all the glue off the tubes from the previous covering ;-)

Thanks John and CarvedOn. Yeah John there's a few things like the seams to worry about on these cases. If was sort of fun to do something a little different for a change. Strangely enough the glue that was used to put the original vinyl was still stringy and soft so it just rolled off when I rubbed it. As old as the case was I would have figured the glue would have been as hard as concrete, must have been my lucky day.

Incredible work Rusty. As always!

I've been wanting to do a project like this. Looks like it was a lot of fun.