BruceGibson

When I Try New Things, I Always Use A Glock

I've been playing with some holster designs, and also doing a little border stamping. Anytime I decide to try something different, I always start with the Glocks. Input, good or bad, is always welcome.

4395798268_3e494c1c26_b.jpg

I wuite like the stamp work, it's very crisp looking but I can see a few things that you probably know about anyway.

But a few of the stitches on the bottom right looked like they were torn by the other needle as it was stitched, this could just be angles though.

The burnishing at the top edge and a little round the bottom looks like it over run but still good and smooth.

And I do think the belt loops should have their own stitch outline.

ANd I like the choice of gun too.

Nice Bruce,the only two things I would different are my personal choices.I do agree with stitching around the loops and I personally like my gun to sit deeper in the holster.That said I agree with you on the choice of guns.I also use a 1911 Govt. model as well.I have a Colt replica for doing the cowboy stuff.Dave

I know nothing about holsters, but I certainly like the border stamping treatment you're trying out. Perhaps my only suggestion would be to go lighter on the pencil marks. Your centerline is noticable.

Regardless, beautiful work. Congrats!

How did you get the start/stop of your pattern to end right at the corners? Looks fantastic!

And do you mind sharing your finish technique? Did you apply any neatsfoot? Or just a sealer? I'm doing a natural IWB right now - wasn't too impressed with my previous natural finish.... Yours looks superb!

Nice holster for concealed carry. Glock would seem to be a pretty good choice, since the shape is pretty simple and stays the same for most of the pistol.

Great looking holster Bruce. I too would stitch around the belt loops. I like decorative stitching, where feasible, around the entire holster......such as across the top and bottom. A picture is hardly ever as good as plain sight of the holster. I am curious as how the gun/holster rides. Is the gun snug against your side? I carry a P90 and the smaller holsters are just not ump enough, depending on location of belt loops. Anyway, very nice looking.

Looks great, Bruce. That piece has some really awesome grain, too!

Congratulations Bruce. You have done something that is very, very difficult to do, even for th most refined craftsmen on this forum or anywhere for that matter.

You sir, made a Glock look good! tongue.gif

Congratulations Bruce. You have done something that is very, very difficult to do, even for th most refined craftsmen on this forum or anywhere for that matter.

You sir, made a Glock look good! tongue.gif

17.gif

Bronson

I'm not sure what a Glock has to do with it, but if that's what you do, then cool.....as much as that gun rides high in the saddle, I'm wondering what kind of retention you'll have as it breaks in. Seems to me that style of holster has to be wet molded to the gun.......but then you would lose the stamping.

Btm line, as I see it, stamping and that style of holster don't go....

You've used a stamping I really like, but the corners look....well....kinda void, like something is missing. Maybe a star or something would help.

Bruce - that is one sweet rig. I love the stamping, that is really cool.

I like it. I am sure the next one will look even better. There is a saying, "there are 2 kinds of guns, those you show your friends and those you take to battle" I carry a glock every day as I never know when I will go to battle...all the others I take to the range to show my friends.

RC

I'm not sure what a Glock has to do with it

I'll take that to mean you have not made a conceal carry holster for a Glock. Their blocky shap and thinckness just seems to throw everything off whe you try to use a tried and true pattern that works for a 1911 or Sig or any other "normal" gun :D

If you have made the for a Glock, please don't take any offense, I just saw an opportunity to belittle the asthetics of a Glock again ;)

Looks good. I like the pattern. Casrried a Glock for both Sheriff Dept.'s I worked for and Beretta for 15 yrs as Air Force cop (Hated IT). Now carry RIA .45 Gov't. Love my Glocks too, though just not as much as the RIA.

Tip

Few things I mighta done a bit different, I would have either stitched across the top, or not put the groove there at all - same on the belt slots.

Still it looks nice. interesting to see another pic of it now that it's 4 1/2 years old :)