Myriam

Braided dog leash tutorial

I was asked to create a tutorial on how to braid a dog leash. I just completed it and thought I'd share it with you too.

It's up on my site and here's the link: Braided dog leash tutorial

Enjoy! :)

Oh and, any tips, comments, critiques are welcome, as usual. Always want to improve my work :)

Edited by Myriam

Wow! Thanks Myriam! Great tutorial- it was pretty easy to follow. Only suggestion I have is when showing the strands weaving into the existing braid, tie a string or other marker on the side of the loop that was covered first. This would help identify it when the whole piece is turned to show the back.

Just a simple visual aid for those of us who got confused.

And as to your reason for the leash being so short......just say it's for husbands. :blink:

Myriam, great job there, I see you've got other tutorials as well, very good of you to do this. I like the way it's all layed out with the pictures and instructions in the bigger window.

Now I'm going to have to get a dog so I can make him a leash.

Ken

thanks myriam, very professional tutorial

Nice tutorial, thanks

TwinOaks - Thanks, Mike. I took a look at my tutorial and I have a string attached, even though it's on the side that's just been braided. I reckon it's not really visible, should have used a contrasting color I guess. *takes note to use contrasting thread next time so it shows better* Thanks for the tip, Mike, and glad you like! :)

Beaverslayer - Thanks, Beaver. Glad you like it. Yup, now you gotta have a dog indeed, not other way around ;)

Gibbsleatherworks - Nice hands... well... thank you :blush: And thanks for the comments! :)

Leatheroo, Pip and SkipJ - Thanks! :)

I was asked to create a tutorial on how to braid a dog leash. I just completed it and thought I'd share it with you too.

It's up on my site and here's the link: Braided dog leash tutorial

Oh and, any tips, comments, critiques are welcome, as usual. Always want to improve my work :)

many thanks to you myriam! I was having issues following along with other tutorials on the net about doing a 4 strand round braid, but your tutorial helped a bunch! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

You're welcome, Duke. Glad it helped you out :)

OMG Thank you soooooo much Myriam. You read my mind. I have a whip I ride with and have been wanting to make one but smaller. AWESOME!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!

You're welcome, Spider. It sure feels good knowing I can help people out there :)

For anyone interested, there is now a printable version (PDF) available for the dog leash tutorial. I'm uploading it on here and it's also available on my site, in the tutorials section.

DogLeash.pdf

DogLeash.pdf

Myriam

Just starting to braid. Thank you. Great help. Garrie