Spence

Service Dog Harness

Here's a dog harness I just finished. It is for a client who's German Shepherd is trained to pull her wheelchair. Her previous harness was popping open at the most inopportune and dangerous times. I went with a whole bunch of solid copper rivets for strength, solid brass hardware and hand-stitched with artificial sinew. I made the straps long enough for the client to adjust and trim as needed. It's sorta like a "one size fits all."

Critique appreciated.

post-9389-080299200 1280510198_thumb.jpg

post-9389-025227500 1280510271_thumb.jpg

A project well done. She will appreciate what you did........ :clapping:

Look like that should do the job just fine ...I should make one for the families 150# ridge back myself ;;;;;

thanks for sharing ...Doc...

Very considerate of you, nice work!

Edited by bentley

Looks Great!

Bless you for helping others.

Looks like it will be very comfortable for the dog, too. Very nice work, Spence!

Kate

Thanks all.

Kate: I definitely had to take the comfort of the dog into consideration too. She said he could be in the harness for as long as 4 hrs with a nice long break out of it, then back into it again. Thanks to her dog, she's very active. She's training another one in order to switch off.

That looks great! It would be perfect for my anatolian. Do you have a pattern for it?

Can you by chance post a Pattern for your beautiful harness. I have rescued a Olde English Bulldogge that was abused and is extremely skittish. With her Neck being wider than her head I would like to craft a Harness for her. So I can safely taker her on walks and get her readjusted and friendly to people and other dogs. I of course know her neck is wider than her head because she had slipped a collar I had for her and she ran 6 blocks straight and back with a Motorcycle cop that had given chase.