TomSwede

Skullbracer

Throwing in a quickie for a friend whose daughter is 18 tomorrow and a fullblown metal headbanger.

Though a very small bracer (just over 4" wide if you lay it out flat) it got a few hours into it. Black n red painted with brush and some blue on the splashes (that turned green, then brown and in the end dark brown), one coat leather sheen and then some antiquing.

Throwing in a pic that shows original artwork side by side aswell for reference.

Tom

IMG_6484_01.jpg

IMG_6485_01.jpg

IMG_6486_01.jpg

IMG_6488_01.jpg

post-5146-1209298890_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1209298906_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1209298918_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1209298928_thumb.jpg

:You_Rock_Emoticon: That is very nice. I love your artwork and how it translates to the leather.

Great skull and japanese waves. I especially like the texture and color of the background the texture reminds me of gravel - nice n tough. Good on you, nice looking piece.

Thank you friends! I love your work too ya' know so I feel honoured.

I worked alot to get the shading down and for the backgrounding I first went a pass with proper casing, let it dry to the point where the leather doesn't really want to take the impressions well and whacked the backgrounder in irregular patterns over again and lastly I tilted my tool and gave a few really hard whacks on a few places to get some really deep impressions. Just to get variety from using my favourite backgrounder 'cuz this one's running the risk of being overexposed!!!

Tom

Love the design, love the stamping, love the colors, love everything about it! I'm sure she's going to be real proud to wear it. Really cool work, Tom!

Looks great! I like the different textures in the background, el neatio!

Very well done Tom. Shes gonna love it.

John

Tom,

This is awesome!!! I really like skull but the overall piece is just da bomb. I might have to try to make one of these soon.

Great job on these Tom, I love the design and the overall finished look, like a pro:-)

Thank you guys!

Thought I gotta catch up with all the skulls going on lately...nah..just wanted to make Spider happy..eh..well customer told me to do skullmotif but it was a great timing since it's a long time since I got to flex my horns a bit...groarr!!

About the overall look I just wanna add that for the first time I used Fiebings black instead of ROC pure spirit base and it just lifted the finish a lot, that or I had some unknown factor that made the black shine so nicely.

Tom

i really diggin this one as well tom...any of them with the lace tie or the strap back type are sweet...those two styles

just seem to go with the whole renaissance bracer theme thingy that they remind me of :specool:

darryl

Thanks Darryl! I just love the lace behind style and I have one cool archers model that laces under/on the side of the arm that is neat too. I could do other types aswell but theese seems to be popular so I do them like this for now.

I started making bracers since they show alot and was a popular item for wristprotection in viking times aswell.

Tom

Very nice work, Tom. Good to one of your pieces posted here!

wow tom, this is so great...love the skulls and the backgrounding..got to get one of those tools..the colors really set it off.

Thank you Tom and Roo!

Love that backgrounder e294 from craftool.

Tom

Cool job! I really like it.

ArtS

He he just commented yours about the same way!

Thanks Gremlin!

Tom

I really like your choices of colors and textures, Tom. Your scull really appears to pop out of the background.

Kate

He he just commented yours about the same way!

Thanks Gremlin!

Tom

uuhhh ..... great minds think alike?? :evillaugh:

Cool job! I really like it.

ArtS

Thank you Art! So glad you liked it 'cuz I never forget the fine inspiration I got from that stirrup bag of yours!

I really like your choices of colors and textures, Tom. Your scull really appears to pop out of the background.

Kate

Thank you Kate!!

I think if you went through my posts since the crash you could see a very distinct developing line leading to where this is.

That skull has a good chin I think that makes it look more poppin.

uuhhh ..... great minds think alike?? :evillaugh:

OF COURSE...Arrhh harr harr.. :rofl:

Tom

Tom, you really need to post more of your work here, dude! That's a fantastic piece -- congrats!

Best, -Alex

Oh Alex that's so nice of you, I sometimes have so much to do I feel like vomiting so I post everything I do ASAP but the tubes takes up much time too, and family and work and more. I wanna do more but but..

Thank you so much for liking!

Tom

I get the feeling you'll be making this one a mate. That's a really eye catching cuff . Love the colors , shading and the tooling, Heck i like everything about it !!

Thank you guys!

Thought I gotta catch up with all the skulls going on lately...nah..just wanted to make Spider happy..eh..well customer told me to do skullmotif but it was a great timing since it's a long time since I got to flex my horns a bit...groarr!!

About the overall look I just wanna add that for the first time I used Fiebings black instead of ROC pure spirit base and it just lifted the finish a lot, that or I had some unknown factor that made the black shine so nicely.

Tom

You are right Tom. I am happy with this. :clapping::thumbsup::notworthy: