Sign in to follow this  
diastrom

My First Full Armor Project

Hi, this is my first full armor project. Its nothing like Dom's Celtic but I'm pretty proud of the results. Yes, it may seem a strange costume to some but it was quite a challenge to make. The shoulders, bracers, hip armor, codpiece and chest are all leather. post-11399-077675000 1283908346_thumb.pnI'd appreciate any constructive criticism.

Hi, this is my first full armor project. Its nothing like Dom's Celtic but I'm pretty proud of the results. Yes, it may seem a strange costume to some but it was quite a challenge to make. The shoulders, bracers, hip armor, codpiece and chest are all leather. post-11399-077675000 1283908346_thumb.pnI'd appreciate any constructive criticism.

Very very cool. Is this what's called a Drow Elf? I don't know much about that kind of thing but I've heard my fiance refer to something similar as a Drow Elf. How did you do the spikes on the bracers? Are they leather as well?

Chris

Great , I have to make some shoulder and upper arm peaces for my son , but still have no idea how to start with it .

Your creation gives me a lot of inspiration.

Very very cool. Is this what's called a Drow Elf? I don't know much about that kind of thing but I've heard my fiance refer to something similar as a Drow Elf. How did you do the spikes on the bracers? Are they leather as well?

Chris

Your fiance is quite correct, it is a drow. She must speak a little geek. For the spikes, I cut the two halves out of leather, barged them together and then barged them to the bracers. I had originally planned to rivet them. However, due to the strength of the barge cement bond, determined it wasn't necessary. thanks, EdV

Great , I have to make some shoulder and upper arm peaces for my son , but still have no idea how to start with it .

Your creation gives me a lot of inspiration.

glad to hear I may have helped. If you want any close up pix, let me know. It was all guesswork on my part.

I wish everyone could field armor like that. How about some more pictures! I want to see the whole armor! What grade of leather did you use? Just curious. A solid effort on the makeup too!

Mark Charke

(www.IALARP.com)