If you want a real hat (not one like Charley or Kathy have) go to Jackson Hole Hat Co. It's just a few hundred miles on the other side of Sheridan, but it's beautiful drive. I bet CJ would even line a hat with tin foil for you! Only bad thing is you might have to take out a loan to pay for it, dang, I could buy a lot of gas for what she gets for her hats these days. But hey, you're gonna have all that money you saved from not buying cigs :yes:

Edited by ClayB

Well, we're off to the show. Looking forward to meeting everyone there. Should be a lot of fun. But this means we won't have computer access till we get back in about 10 days or so. Wondering if anyone has helpful hints on recovering from LW addiction. Too late to find out now. Will have to tell you what going cold turkey is like when we get back home. Oh, wait, would that mean I fell off the wagon???

Winding down from Sheridan. In no particular order sort of. Before we left, we had a nice visit at home with Dennis Lane, David Morris, and Hank Strathan on their way through to Sheridan. Ryan Cope came over and we spent the better part of the day BSing. We started off on Monday visiting Clay Miller in Rapid City. He suggested that we visit Ken Nelson's shop there too, and probably spent about 5 hours BSing there. Enjoyable time, and a good set of old Hamley's on display in his shop. We met up with Russell Millar and his dad Chuck for supper the next night in Spearfish SD, and a good 3 plus hours of BSing there too. (Seeing the trend here?) Got into Sheridan and visited Barry King and then Vandy and Luke at Sheridan Leather Outfitters right off the bat. Met Doug Classan and Wayne Christenson, Kathy Flanagan, Bob Goudreault, and then the Australian contigent again that night. Ran into Richard Hidalgo, Elton Joorisity, Rod and Denise Nikkel, Steve Mason, and others. Met up with Paul Brinegar and Paul Zelasek at Paul's booth. Rundi and I both thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and the good friendships we made there. If I missed mentioning anyone, I am sorry. If you were there and we missed you, sorry about that too. It was great to put some faces with names, and renew old friendhsips again. Thanks to all for your hospitality. I can't believe I forgot this guy who was there. We thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with Charley "Three Dozier Knives" Bay.

Bruce. Sounds like a great time was had by all. I hope those Aussies did not lead you astray too much.

Barra

[quote I can't believe I forgot this guy who was there. We thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with Charley "Three Dozier Knives" Bay.

Geez Bruce,

I can't believe you could have forgotten Charley either!!!!!!!!!! He's known as "MRE Charley" at our house, but that's a whole nuther story.

I am really sorry we missed seeing you at the show. I looked for you, but never did see you anywhere.

Yaklady told me I was being defamed in this forum, and sure enough -- there all of you are!

In my defense, I'd like to point out that Al Gould explicitly stated that I was, "wearing [my] hat properly".

I'm serious about this.

I have witnesses.

--charley

Hi Charley,

So Al likes your hat and Pete doesn't. Guess we'll have to wait until next year for the tie breaker.

Your hat is just as "unique" as you are, and it looks just fine on you. And just so's you know, I only pick on the people I really like, so I must like you a lot!!!!!

Clay,

I am a witness, I was there. In the philosophical discussion of headgear (before we ended up in the bar), it was pointed out that some people were wearing hats backwards, or had generic creases that could be worn front or back with equal views. It was discussed that Charley wore his properly. I would be a bit careful picking on Charley. I know he has the bladeware now. A Dozier head knife, small head knife, and a fixed blade. I LIKE your hat Charley!!! No need for a tie breaker, Jesse Smith said he liked it too, and another vote for wearing it properly.

I forgot another one. I saw Kevin Willey at the SLO affair too.

I hope the philosophical discussion you had with Charley wasn't anything like the one he had with Kathy and me. Ours wasn't fit for mixed company. Come to think about it, it wasn't fit for any kind of company. I think I may need therapy after that one!

It was great to finally meet many of you in Sheridan. I had a great time and wish I could have met all of you. It was good to put faces with names.

This was my first trip to the show and it was well worth it for me. I learned alot and spent way to much money. I feel like I have many new friends.

Doug

We got back here on Monday night, had an awesome time. Lots to see, cool people to meet and talk with. We even met Elton Joorisity too, oh and Bruce & Rundi, and Doug C, and Steve Mason, and well lots of people, oh we met Rod and Denise too.

I over spent on tools :( , some say you can't have too many tools, but I'm not sure about that... I just finially got unpacked today.

I paid no heed to the manner in which hats were worn, I was more interested in what was underneath them! Charley's hat looked just fine to me, as did Charley himself. He prooves to be great entertainment anytime, and I was entertained a lot during the course of the show. Charley, Clay and I did indeed have some philosophical discussions that were a bit off color, but that's what I have come to expect when the 3 of us get together.

I love the show in Sheridan. My sympathies go out to those of you who did not get to go. Start planning for next year!

Kathy

I am so there next year!!!!!! be on the look out......

ClayM.

We were at the show. My husband and I, our daughter didn't come with us.

It was a lot of fun. My husband made a cell phone case. We really enjoyed it. I think we might start doing a little leather work.

Edited by Betty

You'll recognize the hat! :cowboy:

I saw this hat walk by. It's cool.

Aha! Glad you enjoyed the show! Just have unadulterated fun with you leatherwork!

JOhan

Something doesn't seem to be working there, at least not on my computer.

ok, it works now.

Edited by ClayB