Sign in to follow this  
compound

Taps

Hi all

I have question. How mount tapaderos on stirrups? Is some standart mounting system?

Thanks

I haven't made to many of them but when i put them the stirrups i use the bolt on the top of the stirrup and either drill 2 holes in the stirrup and tap then run a string through both holes and tie a bleed knot. On a couple i have run a string around the stirrup and then through the holes in the tap and tied a bleed knot. Oh i put concho's on the out sides of the taps.

I have a finish set I recreated off a photograph of a set in a French Museum and was thinking the same thing. Though my set is missing the top cap because I don't have that view off the picture, so I guess I would be excited to hear what other say? Basically, I have the inner and outer sides. Thanks for posting the question.

I haven't made a lot of taps, but I have made 4 or 5 sets of long taps and a couple pairs of bulldogs, and I think I can explain how they are attached. You use the stirrup bolts to attach the top part of the taps. Then you put two rosettes and some saddle strings side by side on the front of the taps, pretty much in front of the stirrup bar. Those are both pulled in and then run under the stirrup bar and then behind the stirrup and out the side of the tap to another rosette and a bleed knot. When you wet the taps and shape the top of the taps, these are the strings that help hold the shape. Then, farther down the stirrup, I like to do it just on the corner of the tread as this pulls the wings of the taps closer together, you drill two holes through the stirrups on both sides, run saddle strings through the holes and the sides of the taps to another set of rosettes and bleed knots. I hope this helps ya out some.

DSC01951.jpg

I think this persons question could be solved with a simple couple of pictures of the stirrup opening view. ( where the foot goes in). Showing the front of Taps and the side do nothing for answering the question.

The front and side shots can be found every where.

Anyone got a shot from the stirrup opening?

Myslím, že než jsem našel potřebné obrázky.

Na prvním obrázku je vidět detail vyvrtaných otvorů pro " krvácet uzel "

Na druhém obrázku jsou showned popruhy horní přední rossetes .

.. je to v pořádku? wtf.gif

post-16366-015832400 1286041305_thumb.jp

post-16366-029419300 1286041339_thumb.jp

Edited by compound