Bevan

Trade Cards ?trade Braid !

Trade cardes were around when i first come on to Leather worker net between the talented people that were doing carving and stamping , and they had a very good and frendly thing going .

Aggiebraider and i have been talking of late and he has some Macates i am looking to sell with my Bosals

We have arranged a little trade just like the earlier mob of leather workers , i am sure there are a lot of leather workers that would be proud to have some other leather workers "Braiders" work hanging along side there own work .

I have sent some earlier pics to Aggie but i thought i would send the finnished ones here because there has not been much happening here lately ,,

please excuse the pics my phone is try-n its best !!!

The Bosal is a 5/8 twisted rawhide with a 12 strand whisky roo overlay, I have use two diffrent whisky hides to get a bit of offset colour then i used a brandy for the interweave

I hope Aggie likes it and uses it with one of his macate

Cheers from down under

Bevan

post-12723-053368300 1285595961_thumb.jp

post-12723-014921100 1285596092_thumb.jp

post-12723-099747900 1285597698_thumb.jp

Edited by Bevan

stunning work bevan!!!!

Bevan,

That bosal looks even better than I could have imagined. I really like the color combos and CANNOT wait to get it. Now Im going to have to hurry up and get these reins done lol.

Im really glad we've been able to work out this trade, I hope other will follow suit and we can revive this cool practice.

Take it easy bud,

CW

Without a doubt this thread needed a bump! This trade deal sounds pretty neat.

I would sure be interested in owning some of your work Bevan. You do some very nice braiding. I don't braid, but I'm trying to get the hang of tooling.

If I could find the time to make something I would be interested.

And Aggie, I tried to find pictures of your work and come up empty. WHAT NO PICTURES!!! I'm sure you broke a LW rule on that one.

Lol Casey,

I am currently working on getting some things finished, and as soon as I do, I will post them. I havent been braiding with leather very long and never really took pictures of the stuff I made with paracord (mecates, headstalls, loping halters, jerk lines, etc.). I wanted to tell you how much I liked your engraving work you did on the Barry King mauls and told Barry the same thing when I saw him at Witchita Falls. I really with I could find some way to say the heck with all this school work, teaching, and everything else I have to get done so I can do leatherwork full time I sure would lol.

I would be interested in getting in on this also. I would be willing to braid a belt, hatband, stampede string or something for someone and "trade" or make a really good deal on. Any takers with ideas?

Lol Casey,

I am currently working on getting some things finished, and as soon as I do, I will post them. I havent been braiding with leather very long and never really took pictures of the stuff I made with paracord (mecates, headstalls, loping halters, jerk lines, etc.). I wanted to tell you how much I liked your engraving work you did on the Barry King mauls and told Barry the same thing when I saw him at Witchita Falls. I really with I could find some way to say the heck with all this school work, teaching, and everything else I have to get done so I can do leatherwork full time I sure would lol.

I look forward to seeing your work. As you know little tips and tricks from more experianced braiders will help improve your work quicker.

Thanks for the complements on my maul engraving. After I finished the orders I got off of that one I made one I can take to my shows in January. It's very tempting though, just sitting there all nice and new and unused.

I know what you mean about these "day jobs" getting in the way of good leatherwork time. I'm just trying to figure out how many times I can get suspended (for 3 days) without getting fired! :whistle:

Joe, I also like your braiding work. I really like the 14 strand belt you made.

Well, I better get back to work so I can get some of these orders out of here.

Without a doubt this thread needed a bump! This trade deal sounds pretty neat.

I would sure be interested in owning some of your work Bevan. You do some very nice braiding. I don't braid, but I'm trying to get the hang of tooling.

If I could find the time to make something I would be interested.

And Aggie, I tried to find pictures of your work and come up empty. WHAT NO PICTURES!!! I'm sure you broke a LW rule on that one.

I would love to be the coordinator for this trade a braid but unfortunately i am flat out with my daughter ,,,, she has Hoskins lymphoma,,,and i am flat out running back and forth from Renmark to Adelaide ," i would love to trade ,,, after all i did start the post ,

,, but at the moment i am making all the leather work i can for a fun raiser night for my daughter.

Aggie thank you for your generous offer

So when things slow up here a bit i will be more than happy to trade with a few of you

Cheers

Bevan

Bevan,

Your family comes first. I wish your daughter and all your family the best.

As far as the trading goes, there will be a better time down the road. No rush and don't worry about it.

I would be happy to discuss trading option, either with my braiding, or my jewellery, Most likely my jewellery, as most of you have access to braided leather gear cheaper than I do.

However I would trade for good quality hand cut laces too...

I would love one of Kevin Kings wallets, they are simply stunning.

I would love second hand braiding work tools if you have found a better system than an old one you have lying around...eg, entiendo, if you ever find your aussie strander...

Talk to me if you like my stuff, and see what happens eh...

Good idea for a thread btw and bump.

Bevan,

We will be praying for your daughter. When is the fundraiser? I might be able to make something and ship it to you to use also. I would be happy to do that if I have the time to get it there.

God Bless.

Bevan,

We will be praying for your daughter. When is the fundraiser? I might be able to make something and ship it to you to use also. I would be happy to do that if I have the time to get it there.

God Bless.

I'll make something as well, or I can ship you something from my store.

I'll make something as well, or I can ship you something from my store.

Thankyou to all of you, rcsaddles, entiendo, and everyone who has sent wishes and offered to send items to help, I am only in the very early stages of arranging this fundraiser, and whilst I deeply appreciate your kind gestures I would not expect you to send items. Jade, my daughter, would be blown away by your words and thoughts. It is truely heartwarming to think that total strangers are willing to help, I thank you all and just your thoughts are needed and appreciated.

Cheers Bevan

Bevan,

I don't know about entiendo but I know you didn't ask for donations from us. Being in the early stages of the fundraiser just means we have more time to get our items sent to you. This will also help to reinforce to your daughter that there are people in this world who care about others even if they do not know them. My family is healthy and for that I thank God. I also believe God has given me the opportunity to help you and Jade. Please recinsider the offer and let us help in this.

God Bless

In addition, your first mistake was considering us as strangers...

I am a little offended by that to be honest.

Everyone I talk to here I consider to be at minimal acquaintances, more than likely, Like minded souls, and some even good friends...