steelhawk

Setting Pull-The-Dot Snaps

I want to put some pull-the-dot snaps on the belt loops for my IWB holster. I haven't set these before and don't know which way to orient the little tab on the snap, if it needs to be set in a particular way.

Sorry..can't help ya with this one. I have never used the pull-the-dot snaps. Hopefully someone here will chime in soon.

The tab on the inside of the female snap should be oriented @ 6 o'clock, and the tab on the outside that "digs" into the leather should be @ 12 o'clock (if looking at your belt loop the way it would sit when attached to your belt, assuming the loops snap above your belt). Hopefully this makes some sense to you. If not, let me know and I'll try to post a picture.

Edited by Rock76

The tab on the inside of the female snap should be oriented @ 6 o'clock, and the tab on the outside that "digs" into the leather should be @ 12 o'clock (if looking at your belt loop the way it would sit when attached to your belt, assuming the loops snap above your belt). Hopefully this makes some sense to you. If not, let me know and I'll try to post a picture.

Yes, that make sense to me. It is how I thought they went together, but wasn't sure. I only have two sets of them right now, and didn't want to ruin one by putting it on upside down.