QDaddy

Tacsew T111-155 Hook Problem

My 111 was working great until I tried to adjust the presser foot height. I screwed up by changing the needle foot position in relation to the feed dog (stupid me was looking at the wrong illustration from the manual), but I seemed to get that taken care of rather quickly. When I attempted to run my first test I started getting 1 stitch and the thread was pulled from the needle. When I opened up the throat plate and removed the feed dog I see that the thread (top feed and bobbin thread) are wrapped around the projecting flange of the bobbin case holder (see attached). Everything looks great... feed timing, hook timing and the fact that it is running very smooth without any binding. It's just that the stitch gets wrapped around the flange and stops the whole process.

I really can't afford to have a guy go over this thing, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

So much thanks in advance.

Q

post-15745-056271100 1288013815_thumb.jp

Edited by QDaddy

Double check the threading & make sure the thread is pulled down in between the tension discs & don't forget to hold on to the needle thread the first couple of stitches.

HTH,

Bob

Double check the threading & make sure the thread is pulled down in between the tension discs & don't forget to hold on to the needle thread the first couple of stitches.

HTH,

Bob

I just knew Cowboy Bob would come to the rescue. I'll give it a try tonight.

I found out a long time ago to start out with the basics.So keep me posted.

Bob

Threaded perfectly (needle threaded right to left as always) with good tension. The thread is passing between both tensioner and pre-tensioner disks and is not hanging anywhere. I held the needle thread and it broke the thread. When I removed the throat plate and feed dog, the thread was wrapped around the the flange of the bobbin case holder. I've tried the bobbin case holder at various positions, but have not had any positive results. I've adjusted the position of the bobbin case and hook/needle relationship as per the book. I'm at a loss.

Threaded perfectly (needle threaded right to left as always) with good tension. The thread is passing between both tensioner and pre-tensioner disks and is not hanging anywhere. I held the needle thread and it broke the thread. When I removed the throat plate and feed dog, the thread was wrapped around the the flange of the bobbin case holder. I've tried the bobbin case holder at various positions, but have not had any positive results. I've adjusted the position of the bobbin case and hook/needle relationship as per the book. I'm at a loss.

If possible, can you have some closeup photos taken of the shuttle and its positioning bar, with the throat plate off? Take photos with the needle going down, then coming up, which is where the thread breakage occurs. Use a thin strip of leather or vinyl to give an accurate record of the problem as it develops.

Other things to check: the needle for burrs and proper alignment. Also, make sure the needle is fully seated in its housing.

Make sure that there is just a bit of play between the recess in the bobbin shuttle and the tang that secures and positions it. Too much sideways clearance might cause thread breakage problems. The actual forward/backward position can throw off the pickup point timing, or can allow the needle to hit the case, rather than pass it cleanly.

Have you tried lowering the needle 1/16" and seeing if the problem changes?

It is possible that the timing of the hook has been thrown off. It is possible that the inside foot is not coming down and lifting up at the precise moment in time needed for a full length stitch. This could possibly have something to do with your problem.

Edited by Wizcrafts

We got a real good deal on a bucn of these machines a couple of yrs ago & ended up buying 20 of them.We had a problem with the thread catching on the feed dog,so we replaced them with another style & they worked perfect.

Bob

Bob and Wiz, I've had a chance to break away from the kids to take some pretty good shots. I hope these are hires enough... if you need anything more detailed let me know. The last pic shows what happens after I try to sew. I couldn't get a decent shot with the feed dog attached, so I let it screw up and showed the results.

I've also posted 3 videos on YouTube that will show operation from different angles.

The forum will not allow me to post three medias, so just click on my other videos and you will see parts 2 and 3.

If either of you guys are in East Tennessee, I'd love to treat you to a quart of Smokey Mountain white lightning.

IMG_9664.jpgIMG_9654.jpgIMG_9649.jpgIMG_9650.jpgIMG_9651.jpgIMG_9653.jpgIMG_9654.jpgIMG_9655.jpgIMG_9656.jpgIMG_9657.jpgIMG_9659.jpgIMG_9661.jpgIMG_9665.jpgIMG_9671.jpg

Change the bobbin and/or bobbin case and see if that fixes the problem.Make sure you buy the M size case with the slot to the left, like the original. Sometimes, the anti-backlash springs cause trouble. Seek a bobbin case without the backlash spring and try it out.

Edited by Wizcrafts

I don't have your make of machine and am just a beginner but,,,,, I thread my needle from left to right.

ferg

Ok, here's something else to check,if you put the needle bar all the way down & hit the reverse lever does the feed dog& needlebar move or stay still?

Bob

Ok, here's something else to check,if you put the needle bar all the way down & hit the reverse lever does the feed dog& needlebar move or stay still?

Bob

Well, well... I think you are on to something. They move less than a 1/16" even at 8 stitch setting. I distinctly remember that they moved more than that in the past.

As long as your sure the needlebar is all the way down & when you hit rev & let off the handle the LESS it moves the better,for the achine to sew & feed the best it shouldn't ove at all.

Also the partr we call the bobbincase position fingeer(the part that keeps the bobbincase base from spinning) seems to work best when it's pushed back towards the back of the machine.

One last thing: are you sure the hook is timed correctly?if it is too slow inotherwords if you have to much rise on the needlebar when the point of the hook comes around it'll like to jam up like it's doing.

Bob

My initial observation of the "reverse foot movement" was incorrect. When I adjusted the stitch length from 3 (executed 3 cycles) then to 8 (executed 3 cycles) then back to 4, I bottomed out the needle completely and hit the reverse. Wow... that needle moved the entire length of the basket opening. In fact, the reverse wouldn't fully execute because the needle pushed against the end of the opening. Is that an indication of a timing issue, or have I knocked something out of whack?

Thanks again Bob and Wizcraft.

My initial observation of the "reverse foot movement" was incorrect. When I adjusted the stitch length from 3 (executed 3 cycles) then to 8 (executed 3 cycles) then back to 4, I bottomed out the needle completely and hit the reverse. Wow... that needle moved the entire length of the basket opening. In fact, the reverse wouldn't fully execute because the needle pushed against the end of the opening. Is that an indication of a timing issue, or have I knocked something out of whack?

Thanks again Bob and Wizcraft.

Tis time to pack up the head and ship it to an industrial sewing machine repair depot. Where are you located?

Great... I can't even afford to ship it anywhere, much less pay for repair. Any thoughts on what the problem is?

Great... I can't even afford to ship it anywhere, much less pay for repair. Any thoughts on what the problem is?

My thoughts, after reading this thread, with a fresh set of eyes? I think you have two people who have handle on things doing thier best to assit you, and they both feel at this point someone who is qualified needs to have a look at the machine. A lot of sewing machine repiar involves see, touch, and feel in order to be able to properly repiar your machine.

Good luck!