CDragonworks

Sad News! Those Who Knew Drac

I didn't have the chance to meet Drac in person either. I can't even remember if I ever corresponded with him personally on the forum. But through his posts, I felt like I knew him a little, and I think I would have liked him if we'd have had the chance to meet. Looking back, it seems like he did reach out to all of us here a while back, and I am saddened that I didn't take a couple minutes out of my life to say "hey freind, I'm thinking about you". Maybe it wouldn't have made any difference, but then again, maybe it could have. We've lost a member of our family here on LW and he will be missed. I pray that Drac is in a better place now and that he has found the peace he was searching for.

That goes for me too. I'm useless at finding the right words sometimes.

I am in shock! not been here for a while. I never know what to say but... I remember kind words and support from Drac to many of us here. My thoughts go out to everyone touched by this sad event. I would like to propose a toast to celebrate, all the positive things that Drac has left us with, all the help, support, laughs and friendship "absent friends, lost... but not forgotten." :(

Be at peace, Drac.

I am in shock! not been here for a while. I never know what to say but... I remember kind words and support from Drac to many of us here. I would like to propose a toast to celebrate, all the positive things that Drac has left us with, all the help, support, laughs and friendship "absent friends, lost... but not forgotten." :(

Be at peace, Drac.

:cheers::16: You said it best, Pip...

Rip Drac !

never meet him, but is work was a great inspiration, LW has lost a great Artist

like others, wish i had know him or that he needed help, his work will live on

to those that knew him and his family, your in my thoughts.

Southpaw

So far I have only heard that as per his wishes he will be cremated. I am trying to find out more but Ben is trying to work things out with the family and all to get this all handled so I will try to let you know where to send condolences and flowers...etc... Cat

So sad. A good bloke.

Ray

Damm........RIP

Very sorry to hear this news. Drac will be missed by his fellow LW.net Ambassadors and many others, I'm sure... :(

Rest in Peace Drac! I did not know him, but I really enjoyed his work.

Very sad news.

i did not know him personally but felt as if i did. when i first joined this community, i was looking for help for a specific item i wanted to create. with ine of his tutorials i was almost able to complete it. the turkshead was giving me such a hassle, i just couldn't figure it out! He actually took the time to encourage me and gave me the desire to keep trying. it took well over a year for me to do it, but i can honestly say that if it was not for him, it would still be uncompleted. our community here and the world has certainly lost one of the good ones! hopefully he is showing everyone up there how it's done! :cheers:

Very sad indeed. Condolences to his friends and family.

Brent

I have not been on for awhile and just seen this where Drac ended his life. I am very sorry and our prayers and thoughs will be with his family and friends. Long time ago I built my belt displays off of his display cabnets. He was very nice and creative. So sad.

I too have not been on and havent searched the forum, just browsed for things that caught my attention. I just saw a post in the adult section from Domsleather about making floggers off of Dracs design and then he reposted that when he posted he didnt know RIP to Drac... No, he must mean that because Drac hasnt been on the site for a while... I just talked to Drac a few months ago.... So I did a search for Drac and found this.

This really sucks. I was able to meet with Drac on a few occasions while he lived in Atlanta. He let me use his Boss stitcher and gave me a hands on walkthrough for his method of making floggers. I have a beautiful one here that he made that night.

he was a great guy. A skater... he trashed his knees either before and after he joined the military, and never once tried to get out because of his knees. He did his full tour through constant pain.

Had to be late October when I was sitting out on my deck enjoying a nice evening outside and my phone took it upon itself to call him up... I heard it making noise and pulled it out to find Drac on the other end. I got to talk and BS with him for a bit, he told me things in Austin were going and improving. I did not get any idea that he was troubled.

There are not many people in this word I get along with and I like. He was one of these few people. I counted him as friend.

I will miss you my friend. I will see you in Asgard, meet me at the gates and we will converse on the way to Valhalla.

Just realized that it will soon be 2 years since my friend Drac committed suicide..... I know he is missed by many!!!! I hope he found the peace he was seeking! Cat

Just joined this forum a few days ago and now found this thread. Damn, always sad when this happens. I wonder if he was a Veteran ? Many Vets are choosing this 'way out' these days... Too much PTSD and too many psycho-active drugs = bad combination

this is ironic that I found this post just after replying to Drac just yesterday

I never realized I was trying to communicate with someone who has passed on into eternity

until I saw this post. I saw some of his works and he was a very gifted person,

it is disturbing to me when I hear when someone decides to cut their own life short

seems like such a permanent solution for temporary circumstances

I pray he found the peace he was looking for.

Very sad...

I too replied to one of the topics he created, 4 years after the sad news without knowing, because his tutorial had inspired me to try it.

After I found out I felt terrible as it might look insensitive. He was an artist and a great teacher even online. He leaves a legacy :(