hausnleather

Fine Silver Pens?

Fisher (Space Pens) used to make two sizes,I believe, but I don't buy anywhere near enough to meet their minimum anymore. I get them from Ward and Kennedy now and they only have the wide. Got to wipe the tip off every time I use one, so it doesn't make a gooey mess on everything.

Good luck,

Kevin

Anyone have a source for fine silver pens? I have only come across the ball-point versions which produce a pretty thick line.

My wife likes the "Cross Pens". they are for sale at the office supply stores.

I get them at WalMart in the sewing section. They are cheap and work well. I buy gold and silver- the gold one from last year hasn't dried up yet!!!

pete

Does the "ink" just wipe off with the Walmart pens?

Kevin

If you want a Space grade pen get the Fisher Space pen. They are just down the road in Boulder City. If you don't know about them look them up on the web. The Pens will write in all positions, zero gravity, underwater, over oily surfaces, from -30 to 250 degrees, and the ink has an estimated shelf life of 100 years. They have supplied the space program since 1967, and the Rooskies use them too. They have 80 different styles now, and offer cartridges for other makers as well. I have what they call the bullet pen, as it collapses to the size of a pocketknife, and is easy to carry. They also have pens that are guaranteed not to run out of ink in your lifetime. The company I work for makes the tip blanks for them.

I highly recommend them. They may seem pricey, but they last a loooooooong time, and write very smoothly.

I will try out the ones mentioned above. The key characteristics of the ideal pen is that it can wipe off and does not mark the leather, it also must not smudge if grazed. I complain about the thicker silver pen I have now, but perhaps it's OK as long as you cut to one side of the line.

I will try out the ones mentioned above. The key characteristics of the ideal pen is that it can wipe off and does not mark the leather, it also must not smudge if grazed. I complain about the thicker silver pen I have now, but perhaps it's OK as long as you cut to one side of the line.

Check a Michaels craft store if you have them local to you. I found a great silver pen there. I don't see a brand name on the one I have.... sorry.