Another member (Harvey) had me post this portfolio he made up

. From Harvey----

"This was made for a friend of mine who's in real estate. The front cover is a Tandy catalogue cover, available on their on-line wbsite. The back cpver is just a filler piece I made up. I was going to have a Count The Mistakes contest, but since entries would have to be between 35 and 60, I shelved that idea (for the time being). The quote by the way, is a modification of a Mark Twain and Will Rogers quote. - Harvey"

2008_4_30_003.jpg

2008_4_30_004.jpg

2008_4_30_005.jpg

post-29-1209700650_thumb.jpg

post-29-1209700665_thumb.jpg

post-29-1209700680_thumb.jpg

Hey this is classy. very nice piece peeps.

Beautiful work Harvey, I like the attention to detail. As far as counting the mistakes, I stared at this for quite some time, and it may be my old eyes, but I really don't see anything that could be considered a mistake.

Thanks for sharing with us, and hope to see more.

Ken

Classy stuff, lookin real good. Must be lots of fun doing that kind of stuff and the floral.

I love the backside, so simple and elegant!

Tom

sweet work, thanks for sharing

neat back design. I

I've seen the floral stamp somewhere before- do you scribe a line and center the leaves or use a line to line up one edge or .......?????

Love to see a tutorial on it. I like it better than a rope border.(SO much easier too)

really nice work

pete

neat back design. I

I've seen the floral stamp somewhere before- do you scribe a line and center the leaves or use a line to line up one edge or .......?????

Love to see a tutorial on it. I like it better than a rope border.(SO much easier too)

really nice work

pete

Pete, the back design is REALLY easy. The circular pattern is from a Gore braid stamp, altho Barry King and others make similar. I do the same thing everytime: take a CD and gently tape it down and just walk my tool around it. As always, try it first on a piece of scrap, but it is REALLY EASY to align and get the hang of.

The center design, by the way, is a Bob Beard stamp. I find it to be a really handsome stamp, plus you can cover a lot of background easily.

Harvey

Los Angeles

Harvey,

Let me be the second to tell you - nice work.

Harvey,

Let me be the second to tell you - nice work.

Aw shucks. You ol' silver-tongued devil, you.

neat back design. I

really nice work

pete

very cool project. I'm with Pete, I'd be interested in how you did the ring also.

This looks great.

Thanks for the tip on how you did the braid stamped ring.

As a braider, I think I'll add this stamp on to my wish list. Its cool.

Timothy