Ed, can I ask where you got the hardware

First time using an exotic skin(cobra) as an inlay for my Roman design collars...some of the burnishing was done with Chris (threemuttscustoms.com ) burnishers...very happy with them !!!

148617_1496892337616_1093343137_31124779_3800113_n.jpg

Looks freaking AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

:notworthy:

really? talented machinist and welder there

I just came up with my own design and found some body that can machine a bolt with a "ball"head. An O ring is cut, put thru the hole and then welded back in place

Now that is a nice little twist on it. Having those fittings manufactured for you must really cost a lot per collar, though.... Innovation is so often squashed by the accountants.

I'm wondering how you reinforced the collar to keep the fitting from pulling through and how is the bolt then installed? Is there a nut threaded onto it or is the ball and ring threaded onto the bolt? If so, do you then just use thread lock to keep it from unscrewing?

Just curious about the construction. Beautiful collar, though.

Ha this is funny!! Everyone they are drawer pulls! every single one of his "special" rings is a drawer or cabinet ring style pull. Google lion ring pull if you don't believe me.

YOU SHOULD LOOK JUST A LITTLE CLOSER, THEY ARE NOTTT DRAWER PULLS!!!!

SHOULD REALLY DO A LTTLE MORE RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING A COMMENT LIKE THIS ESPECIALLY AS YOUR FIRST POST, WELCOME BY THE WAY.

U know even it he is wrong - your custom hardware looks very similar to this, and this is much more available:

(guess I need the how to post pic tutorial)

31001_080310.jpg

http://www.build.com...pgr_1400966=

Edited by stanly

cdwplus used to offer some thing similar to that hardware. burberry used to use some thing like that for their dog collars as well, before they ended their pet line altogether. I actually looked into have hardware like that custom machined, by the same company that custom machines my screws, but it was pretty expensive just to do an intial run.