Ferg

Beading Swivel Knife

I am not bashing Barry's knives in the slightest, simply need more than one source for an 1/8" bead blade, preferably fit a Tandy knife.

ferg

I am not bashing Barry's knives in the slightest, simply need more than one source for an 1/8" bead blade, preferably fit a Tandy knife.

ferg

Henley

Henley

I can't even get anything from their website. I see nothing to send an e-mail or a telephone number. If you have same thanks :)

ferg

I can't even get anything from their website. I see nothing to send an e-mail or a telephone number. If you have same thanks :)

ferg

Henley=

gemosphere.tripod.com/GEMOSPHERE/swivel_knives.html

or

EXTREMEALL@aol.com

or

(318)631-3545 Louis or Tony Henley

or

(318)636-0262 fax #

or write

422 Pro St., Shreveport, LA 71105

Beader blades available in 1/16, 3/32,1/8, 5/32

*** Btw, Website prices are outdated***

Henley=

gemosphere.tripod.com/GEMOSPHERE/swivel_knives.html

or

EXTREMEALL@aol.com

or

(318)631-3545 Louis or Tony Henley

or

(318)636-0262 fax #

or write

422 Pro St., Shreveport, LA 71105

Beader blades available in 1/16, 3/32,1/8, 5/32

*** Btw, Website prices are outdated***

whinewine,

Their entire site is outdated :) What a jumble.

I sent an e-mail with questions.

Regards,

ferg

whinewine,

Their entire site is outdated :) What a jumble.

I sent an e-mail with questions.

Regards,

ferg

Ferg:

my suggestion would be to call. If the #'s been disconnected, then it might be a good indication that they may be out of business :dunno: . A woman, Cathy Schlim (not a member here, I believe) helped a bunch of us get ours. I don't have her email anymore, but Gtwister (a member here) might have it. Send him a PM.

russ

Ferg,

Sent you a PM. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ben

Thanks Ben,

I e-mailed Cathy.

ferg

Sheridan Leather Outfitters carries beader blades that fit Tandy swivel knives. I purchased one when I was in Sheridan at the show this last spring. I use it in a Tandy knife. Seems like there are 4 or 5 different bead width's available, and they were pretty reasonable. I did not find a website for them but here is their phone # 307-674-6679. I think they are listed in the Leatherwork Directory on this site also. Hope this helps - Deb

Ferg, I just talked to Mr. Louis Henley, at Henley Manu. in La. He said to call him, they do have the beader blades and he is really nice to talk to. Tell him Billy from South Carolina said to call. The #is 1(318)631-3545. I hope this helps Billy P

ferg

hey Ferg, for those of us who dont know, namely me, what is a beading blade? never heard that term before

Ferg, I just talked to Mr. Louis Henley, at Henley Manu. in La. He said to call him, they do have the beader blades and he is really nice to talk to. Tell him Billy from South Carolina said to call. The #is 1(318)631-3545. I hope this helps Billy P

Billy,

The person I communicated with said they were three months behind, I just didn't wish to wait that long.

Thanks,

ferg

hey Ferg, for those of us who dont know, namely me, what is a beading blade? never heard that term before

tg,

In lieu of having one blade cutting with your swivel knife, the beader blades make two cuts side by side. They come in different widths.

I believe 1/8" is the smallest width and up to at least 1/4".

Check some of Bob Park's work. He uses the beader blades.

ferg

tg,

In lieu of having one blade cutting with your swivel knife, the beader blades make two cuts side by side. They come in different widths.

I believe 1/8" is the smallest width and up to at least 1/4".

Check some of Bob Park's work. He uses the beader blades.

ferg

Hi Ferg,

Actually I do not use beader blades. I don't even own one, LOL! I've considered buying one but every time I try one I change my mind. I cut all my bead borders freehand or I use a push beader. The push beader is probably what you saw.

Hope this helps......

Bobby

Hi Ferg,

Actually I do not use beader blades. I don't even own one, LOL! I've considered buying one but every time I try one I change my mind. I cut all my bead borders freehand or I use a push beader. The push beader is probably what you saw.

Hope this helps......

Bobby

Would you recommend a push beader please? How do you sharpen your beader? Thank you. Ken

Barry King makes a beader blade that fits the Tandy knife ... Just saying!

Also if you get in contact with Luke at Sheridan Leather....He has the ones that Kluttz makes....they are good beading tools. Not sure who else makes a beading knife blade but I am she if you got in touch with Luke that he would know.:blahblahblah:

Chuck Smith makes really good ones.