Hi i'm new to the forums and i was wondering how to make hot pink dye, or any pink for that matter. I have tried useing eco-flow but the colors seem off when applied would fiebing's be a better choice? what would be a good combination of colors to use? Thanks in addvance, Marty.

Edited by Dorafo

Have you considered using an acrylic paint? You can thin it down and apply several coats to get it to penetrate the leather.

Angelus has a pink spirit dye that works great. The different amount of reducer you use will give you as manny shades of pink you like, all from very hot pink to suttle baby pink.

The call the color "Light Rose" and the swatch at the web page does not give the true color, it's much more vivid in real life.

I can go down later on today and make a swatch for you and shade it from one end to the next :-)

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/dye.html

Oki, Here the scanning I prommised to post...

post-5624-038346900 1297600792_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tina that is just what I was looking for.

thanks Tina i just placed a order

Wayne

Nice!!! This place truly rocks - I've been looking for this very colour for a while as it looks like I'll be doing a bunch of work for women involved in Breast Cancer awareness and fundraising.

Thanks guys :)

I apologize for bring back up this old thread. I am new here and this is my first post. I have been lurking and learning so your knowledge is greatly appreciated. I find myself in the unfortunate situation of needing a pink dye and I was mislead by Zelikovitz Leathers. They claimed to have a dye in the exact color I needed but it turns out they dont know the difference between dye and paint. They even label everything as a dye but i can say for certain it is not. Can anyone verify that the Angelus is a real dye and penetrates the leather? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A sideways answer. Fiebings red diluted with alcohol makes a hot pink dye. Do test pieces first and let it dry to be sure you are happy with the shade.

Aaron

I apologize for bring back up this old thread. I am new here and this is my first post. I have been lurking and learning so your knowledge is greatly appreciated. I find myself in the unfortunate situation of needing a pink dye and I was mislead by Zelikovitz Leathers. They claimed to have a dye in the exact color I needed but it turns out they dont know the difference between dye and paint. They even label everything as a dye but i can say for certain it is not. Can anyone verify that the Angelus is a real dye and penetrates the leather? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Angelus has both acryllic paint and true spirit dye. Here's a link to one of the places to but the real spirit dye, I'm sure there's more places but I love this one due to the pint size bottles *S*: http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/dye.html

i ordered from this company and they are great. being new i am just try to figure out how to best get the color I am looking for by using reducer. Its going to take some time and practice. Thanks again.

I just used the Angelus Rose dye to make a pink holster. I cut it 50 percent with denatured alcohol to lighten it a bit.