Sign in to follow this  
electrathon

Portland Oregon Tandy

Donna, the Portland Oregon Tandy manager had left. She was the one that made the store a fun and comfortable place to shop. Durham, a long term employee (and former manager) is also gone. I am not sure of the circumstances, but am very sad. This store is one of the largest Tandy stores, much of it to the credit of the local employees.

Aaron

I spoke with my close Tandy store yesterday. Brian Cockshutt, the current manager, will be moving to Portland to fill the position. You will be getting a good man. He has always been very helpful at the store in New Orleans, LA. We will miss him down here, sure hope his replacement is as good as he is.

I've seen this several times about other Tandy stores. Does anyone know why the managers leave? Is it a Tandy policy where a store manger doesn't stay in the same store for very long?

I'm not sure it's "policy" per se, but I do know they don't seem to last very long. Just when I've gotten one "broken in" to my needs - LOL! - they're gone. It's probable that each case is different.

Some managers can ask for transfers...if they're interested in moving to a different area. If Tandy decides to "let one go", their boss will show up one day and take their keys and that's that. No warning at all.

Don't know if this is what Tandy is doing, but a small regional pet store chain I worked for did the manager shuffle on a routine basis. Their theory was that if a manager stayed in a store too long they would get too friendly with the customers and not sell as much :rolleyes2:

was in there this last week( portland tandy) and an employee told me she chose to quit. apparently she chose to be self employed. I do know that her husband is a motorcycle builder and has his own business. she used to run a leather shop called Lulu's leathers in portland. I would assume that she would either go back to that, or play a supporting role in her husbands business as he has had surgery on both shoulders a yr ago and has spent alot of time in a healing mode.I would think its safe to assume that the economy is hurting them and theyre seeking ways to make ends meet and her manager pay wasnt cutting it. either way, I wish her good luck in all her ventures.she was the one that got me into leather work and taught me to tool.even pushed me to do a few classes on spur straps.I had alot of fun working with her. via con dios donna, Aaron-former employee

I will miss Donna :( She did choose to be self-employed...she had dream and decided to pursue it.. I wish her all the luck in the world. She always treated me well and I appreciated that very much!