Does anyone remember the post about using Liquid Latex as a resist? I have been looking for it at a craft store and no luck. Perhaps i am looking for the wrong thing. Any suggestions?

I think Kate posted it originally. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby. It is Woodland Scenics Latex Rubber. And, it really work great (after I followed her instructions to put on more than one coat).

Regis

Steve, look for it in the model railroad section of your local craft store, or at any hobby shop that carries model railroad stuff.

Kate

I got mine at Micheals hobby &crafts store, it's called "Mold Builder" made by "Castin Craft" smells like amonia, but it works real good.

Ken

Edited by Beaverslayer

Hey Ken!

One of the older threads mentioned a little bit of darkening in the leather from the ammonia, what's your experience?

Curios since I can't find any without ammonia in Sweden and still are hesitating.

also i was wondering how it did hold up against spiritdye since my memory fails me.

Thanks!

Tom

I used in on the Sonora Seat that I posted in "Show Off" last week. I've not seen any effect from the amonia. Just the smell. Also, when I used it on the Fiebings dye, it didn't do anything to that either.

Ken

Thanks Ken! Now I think I have the courage to get me some soon. :clapping:

Tom

It's also sold as "liquid frisket." Should be available at any art store.

Dale

Or Artists watercolour mask, No ammonia in it as it react with the pigments I ve used it it works a treat on carved leather but not so hot on flat designs cause of dye bleed under the resist.

I've also tried the liquid frisket, as well. It does work pretty well on leather. The only difference I've noticed between the liquid frisket and the liquid latex used in model railroading, is that the liquid latex is much thicker, and does not absorb into the leather as easily. Personally, I prefer the thicker stuff.

Kate