Andy

Leather Supplier WOW!

All,

I had the chance to visit Peter at Waterhouse Leather today (Littleton Ma).

http://www.waterhouseleather.com/

Lemme tell you the most important thing that came from this trip, I HAVE A NEW LEATHER SUPPLIER!

Secondly, Peter and his Wife were cordial hosts, they gave me the "nickel tour" and he solved a few of my leather problems with some GOOD solutions. I left with an armload or two of hides!

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have made this trip to visit his shop. (luckily he ships daily and is on the web for easy ordering!).

I have a couple of photos of his leather stock, but they just don't do justice to the sheer volume AND quality of his inventory.

Two Thumbs UP!

Andy

Cool - I go in that direction all the time, and never knew they were there.

Ian,

Well worth the trip, prepare to spend $$ on his SUPER nice hides!! (actually pricing was VERY competitive, I stocked up!)

Andy

Cool - I go in that direction all the time, and never knew they were there.

All,

I just snagged another pile of hides from Peter.....NICE stuff...very very very and the pricing was SUPERB.

Andy

Dude. Wait... what?

How did I never know about this? I grew up in Harvard! I've driven by this place uncounted times...

Good to know. Now I can stock up on leather, yarn, and ice cream, all in one trip.

I blame you for my impending bankruptcy.

Tasha,

After getting my leather from Peter and his lower pricing, I make MORE money, so you can thank me for the extra PROFIT! (just send a check, or buy me a coffee....)

;)

Andy

Dude. Wait... what?

How did I never know about this? I grew up in Harvard! I've driven by this place uncounted times...

Good to know. Now I can stock up on leather, yarn, and ice cream, all in one trip.

I blame you for my impending bankruptcy.

I'm not selling (yet), though... you might be waiting a while.

How is this stuff compared to the tandy selections. I noticed the pricing on average was onpar with the live oak selection from tandy. Is it about similer quality or better.

Not bashing tandy in anyway here just trying to get a reference.

Oh no, they offer free shipping.

Although I wonder how the quality of the hides are. When they call the hide firm, it concerns me a little.

Edited by The Major

Thanks for the tip!

It's always nice to have more sources!

-swivelsphinx

Okay, here's my three cents...

I was stuck, my supplier didn't have a chestnut bridle side. I needed it for two commissions due this weekend. I had to have Thursday at the latest in order to make them.

I called around and either nobody had it, or couldn't get it to me quick without $100 in shipping. On Monday, I called Peter at Waterhouse and he didn't have it either, but he said give me 5 minutes. I did, he called back. He was having the Tannery drop ship it to me UPS within 2 days ground at regular shipping cost.

Well, this morning I received 2 Chestnut Bridle sides. Unbelievable Customer Care!

Not only that, but it was less money than I usually pay for these sides. Unbelievable, Again! Wait, Wait....

"How do you want me to pay for this Peter? Do I have to send you my Tax papers or anything?", I asked. "If you promise me, you'll send a check, I'll let it go like that", he said. Unbelievable!!!!!! I paid right then over the phone.

He sent me a ring of samples. There's definitely a few I will try. And he has my business for bridle sides forever. They cut like butter, they were practically flawless, even the belly side was practically useful. Unbelievable!!!

I miss Boston.

See I told ya.....

I have not had such good leather and service since....uh...er.... I have NEVER had it till now!

Andy

Hi All,

Once again I am here online bragging about my supplier, Waterhouse Leather.

Note: I am NOT being paid by him, any favors given or ANYTHING like that. I like to promote the POSITIVE aspects of our trade/craft/careers. (we tend to whine alot at times and be negative about suppliers)

Anyway, a few hides followed me home, Chestnut, Walnut and Black Bridle, all with SUPERB feel, these have been making wonderful rifle slings and belts. The veg tan is in full use for holsters and other gear, the lighter weight veg molds REALLY well.

He has a PILE of orthopedic lining leather and some patterned leathers (ostrich/croc etc) that I am DYING to work with!

Once again, two thumbs up!

Andy

Ordered online a couple of things from them and well I wasnt impressed. Got a vegtan double shoulder and some of the upholstery leather they had on sale. I think Ill stick with tandy where I can choose what I want.

Maybe if I had gone in person to the store (not a choice lol) it may be different. Ahhh well.

Waterhouse hase a great price for bridle plus it ships free. Anyone know what tannery they use and whether they can do custom splitting?

Ed