Sign in to follow this  
LeatherWerks

Tippmann Boss For Sale Take 2

This is a listing for a Tippmann Boss (not cast iron) with a number of accessories. The price I am asking for this unit is 1050.00 and I'll pay UPS shipping with insurance. This machine is in near new condition and has been completely gone through be the Tippmann factory just two months ago. I'll accept PayPal and will ship as soon as funds are received.

Here is what I'm offering:

The Tippmann Boss stitcher

Center, Right and Standard presser feet

Stirrup Attachment

Lubricant Box

LED Light for the Boss

1 Additional Shuttle Assembly

10 pack of needles

Tippman standard tool kit, allen wrenches, bobbin winder attachment, etc.

User Manual

Original Packaging

Check the prices for yourself at Tippmanns' web site

http://www.tippmanni...b20be3573715a31

If you say you want to buy this machine, I'll send you a PayPal invoice to your email address. I'll give you three business days to transfer the funds. If you do not respond withing that period of time, I will cancel the PayPal invoice and move on to the next person in line. To be fair to everyone, the time stamp on your PM will determine who responded first.

Steve

post-25085-007597600 1329056983_thumb.jp

post-25085-081995200 1329057002_thumb.jp

post-25085-038581200 1329057014_thumb.jp

post-25085-087224200 1329057027_thumb.jp

post-25085-015175400 1329057038_thumb.jp

Edited by LeatherWerks

Thank you Steve, that makes it a LOT clearer. Please let us know when you make the sale so we can move the topic.

Send invoice @ rinocbernard@hotmail.com. It does not seem I am gonna find a steel one any where, so I will have to do with an aluminum.

Rino. Just a little scared of quality.

This is a listing for a Tippmann Boss (not cast iron) with a number of accessories. The price I am asking for this unit is 1050.00 and I'll pay UPS shipping with insurance. This machine is in near new condition and has been completely gone through be the Tippmann factory just two months ago. I'll accept PayPal and will ship as soon as funds are received.

Here is what I'm offering:

The Tippmann Boss stitcher

Center, Right and Standard presser feet

Stirrup Attachment

Lubricant Box

LED Light for the Boss

1 Additional Shuttle Assembly

10 pack of needles

Tippman standard tool kit, allen wrenches, bobbin winder attachment, etc.

User Manual

Original Packaging

Check the prices for yourself at Tippmanns' web site

http://www.tippmanni...b20be3573715a31

If you say you want to buy this machine, I'll send you a PayPal invoice to your email address. I'll give you three business days to transfer the funds. If you do not respond withing that period of time, I will cancel the PayPal invoice and move on to the next person in line. To be fair to everyone, the time stamp on your PM will determine who responded first.

Steve

Send invoice @ rinocbernard@hotmail.com. It does not seem I am gonna find a steel one any where, so I will have to do with an aluminum.

Folks, my offer to ship and insure this machine applies to the lower 48 US States. I can't afford to ship this machine to China at this price.

Thanks,

Steve

Rino,

I owned one of the alum. body stitchers and never had an issue with the quality, durability, or performance. I have found that most of the time if someone has an issue with a Boss stitcher it is operator error.

1. Operator has not threaded it properly

2. Operator has not learned/experimented with how to set proper tension on upper and lower stitch

3. Operator has not learned to "Diagnose" stitch error. (thread pulling bottom stitch up or bottom stitch pulling thread to underside) You need to be able to know how to adjust the machine to get the stitch to cross in the middle of the layers being sewn together.

4. Operator has not lubed the moving parts. I have found that the lever rack and gears need a light layer of bearing grease. It made the difference in mine 100% And don't forget a drop or 2 in the shuttle area of the bobbin.

The common problem with these machines is 99.9% of the time is the operator. You cannot unpack this tool, mount it to your bench, and expect it to perform perfectly without you learning a little about its functions. I have gone to someones house after they were ready to send the machine back and spent a little time adjusting, lubing, and rethreading it and had it stitching in 15 minutes.

Tippmans manual is a MUST READ!! It will walk you through the adjustments and what to look for.

Take some scrap leather and experiment, over tighten the upper thread and see what the stitch looks like. Do the same with the bobbin thread, see what it looks like. You can start getting a "feel" for how much tension both upper and lower need when just pulled with your fingers.

They are a great machine. I have sold mine and gone electric to help with production but I do miss it for some jobs.

That's Canada, not China.

Since you didn't specify that you would only ship to CONUS, I think it'd be fair for you to check the actual shipping to Canada and if the cost exceed reasonable expectations that you split the additional shipping charges with the buyer. If there are import/customs fees, that should fall on the buyer.

I have an Aluminum Boss, and have had NO problems with it.....other than the ones I caused.

ok, send me invoice, charge a liitle more for shipping to Canada. P.S When you send, send it as a gift and no problem with customs.

Rino

Rino,

I owned one of the alum. body stitchers and never had an issue with the quality, durability, or performance. I have found that most of the time if someone has an issue with a Boss stitcher it is operator error.

1. Operator has not threaded it properly

2. Operator has not learned/experimented with how to set proper tension on upper and lower stitch

3. Operator has not learned to "Diagnose" stitch error. (thread pulling bottom stitch up or bottom stitch pulling thread to underside) You need to be able to know how to adjust the machine to get the stitch to cross in the middle of the layers being sewn together.

4. Operator has not lubed the moving parts. I have found that the lever rack and gears need a light layer of bearing grease. It made the difference in mine 100% And don't forget a drop or 2 in the shuttle area of the bobbin.

The common problem with these machines is 99.9% of the time is the operator. You cannot unpack this tool, mount it to your bench, and expect it to perform perfectly without you learning a little about its functions. I have gone to someones house after they were ready to send the machine back and spent a little time adjusting, lubing, and rethreading it and had it stitching in 15 minutes.

Tippmans manual is a MUST READ!! It will walk you through the adjustments and what to look for.

Take some scrap leather and experiment, over tighten the upper thread and see what the stitch looks like. Do the same with the bobbin thread, see what it looks like. You can start getting a "feel" for how much tension both upper and lower need when just pulled with your fingers.

They are a great machine. I have sold mine and gone electric to help with production but I do miss it for some jobs.

That's Canada, not China.

Since you didn't specify that you would only ship to CONUS, I think it'd be fair for you to check the actual shipping to Canada and if the cost exceed reasonable expectations that you split the additional shipping charges with the buyer. If there are import/customs fees, that should fall on the buyer.

I have an Aluminum Boss, and have had NO problems with it.....other than the ones I caused.

Folks, you have to be a lawyer to navigate this forum. Last time I tried to sell this machine, it was someone who thought the time stamp on their PM was before the other persons. It seems that was I need to do is post this on ebay, charge what the machine is worth, charge for shipping and be done with it. I was hoping someone who wanted to move up from hand stitching would get the opportunity at a reasonable price but, the lawyers don't seem to want that.

So, consider this notification that the machine is no longer available. You want it, check ebay inn the coming days.

Steve

Before you head to Ebay and get issues (the same or other), here's a couple of quick tips ...

Shipping to Canada is WAY more money than US. And, since you deal with lawyers :) I think it's a federal offense to report merchandise to customs as a gift (NAFTA or not).

This item was sold on Ebay, thanks to everyone who looked.

Steve