jlb

Tech Tips by Al Stohlman

Hi all,

Would anyone suggest the Tech Tips book. I have the Deluxe Kit (with the The Leather Craft Handbook) and it shows the basics but not alot of tips and I am thinking this may help my tooling. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

THAT BOOK WILL BE VERY BENIFICAL TO YOU.

Jeff - The Tech-Tips book by Al Stohlman is very helpful. It covers the use of each class of basic tools in detail. If you want to do figure carving I would recommend starting with pictorial carving by Al as an introduction to animals and Scenery. Then advancing to Pictorial Carving Finesse for advanced Scenery and Figure Carving Finesse for advanced Animal and Portrait carving. Good lucK with the carving.

Jeff - The Tech-Tips book by Al Stohlman is very helpful. It covers the use of each class of basic tools in detail. If you want to do figure carving I would recommend starting with pictorial carving by Al as an introduction to animals and Scenery. Then advancing to Pictorial Carving Finesse for advanced Scenery and Figure Carving Finesse for advanced Animal and Portrait carving. Good lucK with the carving.

Thanks for the advice. My long term goals are to learn saddlemaking. I understand I have to start somewhere, so I thought short term to make spur straps.

Jeff

Craftool Tech Tips by Al Stohlman will help you with each tool you use. Not only will you learn the regular way the tool is used but you will find new ways to use each tool. It also covers techniques such as backgrounding, beveling, borders and more. (oh my) :)

It can help you add quality to each step of your tooling. For what it's worth, I recommend it.

Mike