Joy

Headless Screws

Does anybody know where I can get headless screws? I've recently acqired some belt buckle sets and the tips are attached with them. They are soooooo tiny, and I can see myself losing them while I'm puttinng the belt together, so I'd like to get some before that happens.

Thanks! Joy

On another thread here a few weeks ago, someone lost the screws and if I remember right, Tandy has extra screws. Try a search for buckle and screw.

CTG

they're called "set screws"

many auto and hardware stores carry them also.

Kevin

Lowes carries these as well in all sorts of sizes.

Ken

You can also find them in eyeglass repair kits, really cheap at most drugstores. Come with tools usually. foureyed Gump.

Tandy had a couple buckle sets on clearance last time I stopped in. They were missing the set screws, so I asked about them. Oh! That's the reason they are on sale! So I told them it's useless as a set without. So the clerk goes and asks someone more senior. Out comes a little bag of set screws!

One of the problems with big box stores, most of the set/Allen screws are black and will rust or stain leather if it is wet. The correct screws are chrome plated, like the buckle set.

So ask for them. I haven't found them listed separately on their website or in their catalog.

CTG