Sign in to follow this  
Ledermann

Antik-Corp Review (Terrible!)

The @-hole  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the @-hole?

• Andreas Neubert (Antik-Corp's "customer service")
    • Don (the leatherworker and formerly-loyal customer)

The Antik-Corp has the worst possible customer service I've ever experienced. Their conchos pictured look nice, but when you get them, their detail is lacking. I was very civil and polite throughout my last ordeal due to a technical error on their site, and here's their last response:

-------------------------

"Good morning, Don,

thousands of customers order from us and never heard of such a problem, so it must be your fault or force Majeure.

Your fault: You did not proof the order-receipt/invoice and this is absolutely your fault. You ordered items and you need to know what you ordered.

I really understand, if you do not want a customer of us and this is in our opinion too. We have happy customers and one less is ok with us.

Please take your orders from another companies.

I'm wishing you all the best!

Andreas Neubert"

---------------------------

The moral of the story:

Shipping Overseas: $8.25

Time it would take to complete my slight request: 10 mintues

Outright telling your customer that you don't need his business, and then having the customer post the entire conversation publicly in boycott: Priceless

THE BEGINNING:

-----------------------------------

Don:

Hello,

I've tried calling the US Customer Service location, but nobody answered, and I have not yet received a call back.

With my last order, I created two separate "Lists" on your site and then added both of them to my shopping cart. Several different items were somehow not transferred to the shopping cart, and unfortunately I only realized this when my order arrived (lacking).

It was through no fault of mine that these lists were not transferred properly. I would like to pay for the items, but I do not believe that I should pay for shipping from Europe to the USA, as it was not my error.

Please bill me (at my 10% discount) for the following items, less the shipping:

(1) Teutonius BU 925 belt buckle set (Antique Silver)

(1) Celtic Belt Keeper 38mm (Sterling Silver)

(3) Runenkreuz ZN 925 concho (Antique Silver)

I hope to continue my customer loyalty to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antik-Corp:

Dear Don,

we have received your order...completely, as we thought. We can only bill you what we see in your order, so it was not our fault, if you forget something.

After we have seen your order we invoiced you your order, so you can proof, if everything was right, you did not proof, you instead accepted and paid.

If you want those items you of course have to pay postage again. If not, just order them next time, together with other items.

With best regards

Andreas Neubert

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don:

Dear Andreas,

I disagree. It was a technical fault with your "list" system, and as such, it will be your burden of customer recovery. This was not the first technical error (especially for this order) that I've had with your site. The discount coupon that I received with my last order didn't even work. Was that my fault? No, and you guys promptly responded. I would expect the same courtesy with this technical problem as you did with my last.

And on a side note: You are selling to an American market, and yet all the items are in German. Even though I'm browsing through the "English" version, things like KELTISCHE GÜRTELSCHLAUFE don't quite process in my mind when the title comes up on my invoice. This makes it very hard to "proof" my order, and I have to rely on trust (in you) to get my order right.

I hope to reach a swift resolution, and stay as a happy customer with your business.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antik-Corp:

Good morning, Don,

thousands of customers order from us and never heard of such a problem, so it must be your fault or force Majeure.

Your fault: You did not proof the order-receipt/invoice and this is absolutely your fault. You ordered items and you need to know what you ordered.

I really understand, if you do not want a customer of us and this is in our opinion too. We have happy customers and one less is ok with us.

Please take your orders from another companies.

I'm wishing you all the best!

Andreas Neubert

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Original Order:

LÖWENHERZ ZN 925 SS

BERLINGR ZN AM

THORS HAMMER ZN 925

AMBER RIVET ZN AM

NORDSTERN ZN 925 SS, 6-Stück Pack

CELTIC TREE ZN AM

RUNENKREUZ ZN 925 AS

MIDGARD ZN AM

RUNENKREUZ 925 AS

SCHONENHAMMER ZN AM

MJÖLNIR ZN AM

THORSKREUZ ZN 925

KELTISCHE GÜRTELSCHLAUFE-38 925 AS

KELTISCHE GÜRTELSCHLAUFE-38 AM

TRISCEL ZN 925 AS

WOTANSKNOTEN ZN 925 AS

(I guess I needed to brush up on my German!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antik-Corp:

Dear Don,

we have received your order...completely, as we thought. We can only bill you what we see in your order, so it was not our fault, if you forget something.

After we have seen your order we invoiced you your order, so you can proof, if everything was right, you did not proof, you instead accepted and paid.

If you want those items you of course have to pay postage again. If not, just order them next time, together with other items.

With best regards

Andreas Neubert

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I guess I needed to brush up on my German!)

I've got to say it, if nobody else will. In all fairness, your the @-hole. You might not understand enough German, (who does?) but you can count.

You had the opportunity to check your invoice before you paid for it, you clearly didn't do that. You only had to count the number of items that was on the invoice and compare it with your own list.

Not really Antik-Corp's fault or problem.

And just to clarify, I've got nothing at all to do with Antik-Corp, I'd not even heard of them until I saw this post.

Just for what its worth, Ive dealt with Andreas a number of times, and he's always treated me great. In fact,, after seeing the interest they have in dogs I mentioned to him that I make alot of dog collars as donations to be auctioned to help out a pit bull rescue and time and time again they have donated conchos and buckles to the cause and shipped them to me totally free. And as far as their site, everytime I go everything is in English as long as you click on the American flag/ upper right.

And for the products themselves, I find the quality to be awesome, and way more unique then the same old cookie cutter stuff everyone has been selling for decades. Im just sayin.

Edited by rickeyfro

I've got to say it, if nobody else will. In all fairness, your the @-hole. You might not understand enough German, (who does?) but you can count.

You had the opportunity to check your invoice before you paid for it, you clearly didn't do that. You only had to count the number of items that was on the invoice and compare it with your own list.

Not really Antik-Corp's fault or problem.

And just to clarify, I've got nothing at all to do with Antik-Corp, I'd not even heard of them until I saw this post.

I don't care who you are, NO customer deserves to be treated like that, even if the customer is wrong. Oh, and here's Andreas' last message to me:

------------------

Don, go with God and disturb another ones. It is better. All our love is with you. Andreas Neubert

------------------

(translation problem? "Go bother someone else"?)

Now maybe it's true, maybe I was wrong in procedure, and could be the @hole. However, I was NEVER rude to him, which, IMHO, makes HIM the ultimate @hole.

Just for what its worth, Ive dealt with Andreas a number of times, and he's always treated me great. In fact,, after seeing the interest they have in dogs I mentioned to him that I make alot of dog collars as donations to be auctioned to help out a pit bull rescue and time and time again they have donated conchos and buckles to the cause and shipped them to me totally free. And as far as their site, everytime I go everything is in English as long as you click on the American flag/ upper right.

And for the products themselves, I find the quality to be awesome, and way more unique then the same old cookie cutter stuff everyone has been selling for decades. Im just sayin.

Hey Rickey: That is good to hear. Did you ever encounter any problems with them? And yes, I did click the English flag and browsed mostly in English. My invoice was still auf Deutsch for the most part. And as for quality, I've ordered the Wotan concho and had it come flat looking like Davey Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean 2. That and on my last order, the acrylic or whatever they used to stain the conchos was all over the other concho. And it's not cookie cutter, which is good, I will admit

Edited by Ledermann

I don't care who you are, NO customer deserves to be treated like that, even if the customer is wrong. Oh, and here's Andreas' last message to me:

------------------

Don, go with God and disturb another ones. It is better. All our love is with you. Andreas Neubert

------------------

(translation problem? "Go bother someone else"?)

Now maybe it's true, maybe I was wrong in procedure, and could be the @hole. However, I was NEVER rude to him, which, IMHO, makes HIM the ultimate @hole.

That 'last' message wasn't part of your original post whistle.gif

not that it matters.

Your dealing with a company in a Country where English is a second or even third language. They explained it as clear as they could that it was your fault and why it was your fault. You wouldn't let it go. Your comments in your 'side note' started and ended it for you. So they sell a few items in the US, they sell Globally, should every person who deals with them expect them to have everything listed in their language no matter what Country they come from?

Then you took another go at him with your 'proof' reference. I don't think he needed you to point out he had the wrong word. Not what I'd call 'civil and polite'.

You should have checked your invoice, even if it was 'auf Deutsch' as you put it. If you didn't notice the 3 items missing then when you came to pay, the $19.45 price difference should have told you something was wrong somewhere, but it didn't. It was easier to blame them and put the error at their door.

'Antik-Corp Review (Terrible!) Do not buy from them!' was the header you used, I'm sure their sales won't drop because of this, and it shouldn't.

Life's to short, let it go and have a beer or two cheers.gif

That 'last' message wasn't part of your original post whistle.gif

not that it matters.

Your dealing with a company in a Country where English is a second or even third language. They explained it as clear as they could that it was your fault and why it was your fault. You wouldn't let it go. Your comments in your 'side note' started and ended it for you. So they sell a few items in the US, they sell Globally, should every person who deals with them expect them to have everything listed in their language no matter what Country they come from?

Then you took another go at him with your 'proof' reference. I don't think he needed you to point out he had the wrong word. Not what I'd call 'civil and polite'.

You should have checked your invoice, even if it was 'auf Deutsch' as you put it. If you didn't notice the 3 items missing then when you came to pay, the $19.45 price difference should have told you something was wrong somewhere, but it didn't. It was easier to blame them and put the error at their door.

'Antik-Corp Review (Terrible!) Do not buy from them!' was the header you used, I'm sure their sales won't drop because of this, and it shouldn't.

Life's to short, let it go and have a beer or two :cheers:

PL01: I realize that it wasn't in my original post because he sent it to me after I posted this.

Right or wrong, there's a saying that goes "Even enemies can show respect." Andreas was the rudest "customer service" rep that I've encountered, for a fact.

But alas, you and I will probably never agree on that, but a beer sounds good... :cheers:

Customer service doesn't mean you have to kiss everyone's ass. You're sadly mistaken there. You do understand that you're DEMANDING that he fix a problem that's you caused, right? And in the process falsely claiming the problem is their fault. This guy is being as nice to you as he possibly can be. The fact that he responded to you and didn't just send your complaint to the kill-file shows customer service.

He WAS polite to you over and over again but you don't seem to want to accept the fact that ultimately this "problem" is your own fault and not theirs to fix. THe only rudeness here is in your head. He told you to stop bothering him as politely as he apparently could and here you are being an @-hole again by putting words in his mouth for him.

Did he send you that new message out of the blue or are you leaving out a snarky response to him about how it's still their fault? There's only so much you can do to please people. What loss did he cause you? None. Until you can prove he could read your mind and know what you ordered from him when you pressed submit your argument is void. He doesn't owe you anything and trying to debate him into agreeing with you is just pointless verbal jousting.

Heck. The way I see it, you just gave him at least one sale because I'm now going to buy from him because I can respect this guy's business savvy to know when not to give in to squeaky wheels.

Edited by HellfireJack

I deal with Antik-Group. I like their stuff. I was disappointed with the finish on their antique silver pieces. It's too antique for my taste, but their plain silver is fine. I love the antique copper stuff they have.

As for the pieces not looking as good as pictured on the website, remember, those pictures are probably taken under ideal studio conditions by a pro photographer who is trying to make them look as good as possible.

I wish their conchos had screw backs, rather than rivet backs, but that's a small thing.

HI, I first found Antik on Ebay some time ago. I think their quality is excellent. Their customer service is a little lacking, but bearable. My only problem with them is when I set up my wholesale account, it was explained to me that I have to place a minimum order of $100.00... which is reasonable. After about 6 months of ordering from them, I get an email that in order to keep my wholesale account, I have to purchase $5000.00 annually from them. I found this totally ridiculous and asked why this wasn't brought to our attention in the beginning... NO response. I love their products but certainly not enough to spend 5 grand per year on conchos. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in.