leder arbeit

Belt Buckles

Hello,Does any one know of a american company that makes the stand end bar type belt buckle such as a dress buckle for men?I am nort having any luck and everything thing is made overseas. thx Tom

It's been a while, but after searching a long time I found a manufacturer but they were not interested in selling direct to a small time user like myself....had to order by the thousands......

Ohio Travel bag may have something...

Found the same company I believe (ATLAS) and yes, they have a 1K minimum purchase. Only others I have found are the silver craftsmens' items easily found on the web and easily costing $100 or more each. I do have a stainless steel buckle that I belive is US made. Cannot remember who I got it from but it was purchased on eBay from a belt manufacturer. Price was $15 and is sold on their web site for $35. Problem is it uses a unique two-pin attachment system. If you find any, speak up as I'm sure there are a lot of us looking for the same.

Again I'm not really familiar with the type your are talking about b ut I would try Jeremiah Watt at ranch2arena.com This man is renown for his metal work and he doesn't have any minimums. I bought some standard horse tack buckles, beautifully etched from him and the only reason I go 8 was because they were TWO bucks a piece but with 8 they were $1.90. I don't consider that expensive, and he's one of the nicest men-his wife the same that you could work with. The picture I uploaded shows one of his $1.90 etched buckles. Good luck.

Again I'm not really familiar with the type your are talking about b ut I would try Jeremiah Watt at ranch2arena.com This man is renown for his metal work and he doesn't have any minimums. I bought some standard horse tack buckles, beautifully etched from him and the only reason I go 8 was because they were TWO bucks a piece but with 8 they were $1.90. I don't consider that expensive, and he's one of the nicest men-his wife the same that you could work with. The picture I uploaded shows one of his $1.90 etched buckles. Good luck.

DoubleC I wish Rancn2arena showed more on his website. I didn't see any buckles but do like small companies that make a good product. Also I see you are in VT. Alot of my family is there, but I wanted to let you know on Craigslist someone in Walden (yes I know it's quite a bit north of you) is selling deer hides in a few shades for $20 a piece.

DoubleC I wish Rancn2arena showed more on his website. I didn't see any buckles but do like small companies that make a good product. Also I see you are in VT. Alot of my family is there, but I wanted to let you know on Craigslist someone in Walden (yes I know it's quite a bit north of you) is selling deer hides in a few shades for $20 a piece.

I know, his website would try the patience of the Pope. It's almost like you have to already know what you're looking for and how nice it looks before you can find it. I don't remember exactly, but I think on the front page he has a link to hardware, or something like that, and THEN you go to a page with a drop down menu of the type you're looking for, THEN you get another drop down menu that says like buckle 19836, buckle 19837 etc. But he has so MUCH stuff that there's no way he could put all those pictures up every time say someone opened hardware. Right now I want a belt buckle set from him, you know, with the buckle, metal keeper and belt end? But I don't have the energy to go and try and run it down. I decided to wait until tomorrow.

I love the price of those. So since we've run across each other on here before I feel like I can show my ignorance :-) What exactly do you do with deer hide? Tomorrow is my 'monthly' shopping day and maybe I could talk him (or her) into shipping if I knew what I was going to do with it. I mean I've felt deer skin before and I know it was very soft so could I use it to line my things, or well, I'm sorry but I really don't know. Thanks for your help and shame on you for not living here with your family :-) Cheryl

Well Scary I called him and asked if he'd ship and he would, but he basically is looking at shipping a lot more than I can afford to buy. A friend of his passed away that had a leather business and he's just helping the son get rid of things. Then he said he was on his way to bed and I apologized and said, but you don't have an email on craigslist and it says call nights. he said, 'but it's 10:00.' I apologized and wanted to tell you if YOU'RE interested in them he'll cram as many as you want into a medium priority mail box, but not so crazy about doing just one or two. Thanks though for telling me. Cheryl

Again I'm not really familiar with the type your are talking about b ut I would try Jeremiah Watt...

If you want American made products, be advised the stainless buckles and other hardware from Watt are mass market products made overseas. If you want handmade sterling from Jeremiah, then, yes, those pieces are American made. --DeeAnna

OMG you're kidding me. Please tell me it ain't so. Well if it's true I won't get buckles there again. Thanks (I guess, sigh) for the info. Cheryl

OMG you're kidding me. Please tell me it ain't so. Well if it's true I won't get buckles there again. Thanks (I guess, sigh) for the info. Cheryl

Hey thanks for all input from everyone !I am still researching buckles(american made) and found a company in rhode island but they quoted me and then the socalled man in charge wrote me and quoted me different and was so arrogant to me.Life is too short for the rude although they have nice products.Again I make alligator products and I would like to thank everyone here for their comments and help.If I can help you in anyway please email me at tedgemon3@gmail.com. thanks again Tom