Sign in to follow this  
Blazin

Metal Detecting Thigh Rig Sheath/pouch

398874_229011243870239_139677649470266_363853_635988683_n.jpgThis is a custom rig we built for a guy. Still working on my corners on the pouch. Can't figure those out to well.

525894_229012103870153_139677649470266_363856_1000105834_n.jpg

Great functional design and nice looking too.

Sweet layout, it looks great and looks very functional. Got my ACE250 for birthday, now I need to work on a pouch like this. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

I see what you mean about the corners, but overall it's a really nice job on a very different piece.

. Still working on my corners on the pouch. Can't figure those out to well.

You need to go to the thrift store and get a vacuum packer.

You need to go to the thrift store and get a vacuum packer.

You mean a vacuum sealer? In order to pull the leather onto the form? The wet forming looked fine it was when I began to attach that portion of the pouch to the main body of the sheath when I ran into problems. I guess I needed some relief cuts or something?

You mean a vacuum sealer? In order to pull the leather onto the form? The wet forming looked fine it was when I began to attach that portion of the pouch to the main body of the sheath when I ran into problems. I guess I needed some relief cuts or something?

Yes, the kind you do vegatables with. When you pull it out it will be the exact shape (once you get the hang of it) of the object. Then you would just need to sew around it, in the flat. Your molded piece of leather will look like a bowl.

Yes, the kind you do vegatables with. When you pull it out it will be the exact shape (once you get the hang of it) of the object. Then you would just need to sew around it, in the flat. Your molded piece of leather will look like a bowl.

Awesome thanks for the tip!

First of all, I love the colouration you achieved! Very rustic looking.

As for your troubles with the corners of the case, if you have "The Art of Making Leather Cases, Vol. 2", there's a great method for making square cases on page 59, steps 19 and 20. I've used that method many times since first trying it, and it works great!

I made a briefcase and used that method for the front pouch.

Wow! That's a great looking rig...compact and sturdy and a place for everything. If I had any skill at leather working, I'd give it a try!

Terry

398874_229011243870239_139677649470266_363853_635988683_n.jpgThis is a custom rig we built for a guy. Still working on my corners on the pouch. Can't figure those out to well.

525894_229012103870153_139677649470266_363856_1000105834_n.jpg

Here is an example of pulling it into shape with a vacuum packer:

I see! Thanks for the picture and above comments.