These are some promise bands I've been working on. They seem pretty popular with the teenagers. Just something small that I can carry around with me to work on. I need to clean up some of the lines but so far I am fairly happy with them.

Promise_bracelets_005.jpg Promise_bracelets_007.jpg

post-2213-1216490399_thumb.jpg

post-2213-1216490434_thumb.jpg

These are some promise bands I've been working on. They seem pretty popular with the teenagers. Just something small that I can carry around with me to work on. I need to clean up some of the lines but so far I am fairly happy with them.

Susan, these are beautiful. How are they fastened?

Edited by UKRay

The bracelets look great. I'd love to know what weave you used.

Cheers.

C79

Edited by custom79

Wow, I love those. Its funny you posted those. I just picked some stuff up and made a bunch of wristbands for the kids, real simple stuff. These are begging for a leason. Any chance I can talk you into puttin one together for us?! :whatdoyouthink:

These are fastened with a regular snap, nothing fancy, sorry, didn't think to post a picture of that side. :)

These are done with a mexican basket weave, I am using roo lacing. I don't know how old the kids are but when

I make these I use an awl and a pair of plyers to pull when the needle gets stubborn, kids would have to be supervised or one could

get a nasty jab.

I don't mind making them, it's kinda fun.

Thanks!!!

SusanC

:You_Rock_Emoticon: Susan these are really nice. The weaving is trick.  Bet the kids will love them.

Storm

Hey, those rock and, wow, beautiful in naked leather like that. :clapping:

I did something in this fashion a while ago when there was somekind of braided bracer spree going on here (using a simplified mexican weave) and I was a bit concerned that the lace on the inside was gonna pinch at the sides of the arm where they are more curved so I lined it just in case.

Hows your experience with this!

Keep it up!

Tom

great bracelets susan, love the weave