TomSwede

Archer bracer pattern

Hot Dayum Tom! I love that copper and bronze bracer! That is just awesome. The others are excellent but that last one really caught my eye. Super job!

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thank you Bree!!

Your'e all to kind to me!!!

Tom

Tom

the way I have seen leather measured here is in what gauge or weight of leather.....3-5 ounce or 7-9 ounce etc etc. I not sure but think it is the ounce per square inch? maybe foot....? I not sure but that is how you pick it when buying it. But I see no diffrence in the weights I get from Tandy. a 3oz seems to be same as an 8 oz......so i am but confused.....

Thanks all for the kind words!!!!

I use veg.tan leather and and 2,5-3mm thickness, that is about 1/10"-1/8 in thickness in inches but what weight???

PLZ help me out someone who's more familiar with the subject of American standars and units. In Sweden we use metrics only with the exeption of measuring leather in sq.ft.

I have considered lining them but customers doesn't seem to care and I seldom do stuff that is not to be sold. I did line the small braided bracer I did for myself and I really love it. So smooth and nice on the inside. I used the thinnest available cowhide for that.

Tom

Tom

the way I have seen leather measured here is in what gauge or weight of leather.....3-5 ounce or 7-9 ounce etc etc. I not sure but think it is the ounce per square inch? maybe foot....? I not sure but that is how you pick it when buying it. But I see no diffrence in the weights I get from Tandy. a 3oz seems to be same as an 8 oz......so i am but confused.....

Hi,

I found this conversion chart online, it might help?

Leather_Chart.jpg

post-5624-1237657779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

Tina,

The first one on the chart under irons got messed up. It appears to have lost the decimal point. An ounce is equivalent to 3/4ths of an iron.

Regards,

Ben

Tina,

The first one on the chart under irons got messed up. It appears to have lost the decimal point. An ounce is equivalent to 3/4ths of an iron.

Regards,

Ben

Great thanks, I fixed it:-)

hi Tom,

great work! they all look awesome.

thanks for all the pictures and explanations... i've wondered before why you notched the bottom edge of your bracers...now it makes perfect sense.

the tooling and coloring on the hammer is beautiful. and the lucifer bracer reminds me of an old woodcut print. any chance you'll share your source for artwork?

ken

WoW! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I love the bracer with scene of hell taken from an old codex! The carving is only done with a swivel knife right?

hi Tom,

great work! they all look awesome.

thanks for all the pictures and explanations... i've wondered before why you notched the bottom edge of your bracers...now it makes perfect sense.

the tooling and coloring on the hammer is beautiful. and the lucifer bracer reminds me of an old woodcut print. any chance you'll share your source for artwork?

ken

Hi Ken, thank you very much!!!

Like Patrice says the sorce i probably some old codex and I think I found this one in a book by Robert Muchembled and the title translated from Swedish is: The history of the devil.

WoW! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I love the bracer with scene of hell taken from an old codex! The carving is only done with a swivel knife right?

Thank you very much Patrice!!!

The bracer with the hell scene is just carved with swivelknife AND slight impressions done with the modelling tool. I wanted to keep the look from a possible old woodcarving.

I have a funny story behind this bracer and maybe I'll share it some day but now is not the right time all I can say that it has a funny link to my most recent work posted here and so does a certain archers bracer with a golden Thors hammer and copper dragons.

Tom

Damn nice work! I have yet to make anything myself, but i'm stationed over in Korea atm and figured this would give me something to do. Keep up the great work. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Damn nice work! I have yet to make anything myself, but i'm stationed over in Korea atm and figured this would give me something to do. Keep up the great work. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thank you very much 97Stallion!!!

Welcome to the board and the welth of leatherworking shared here!!!

Learning leatherwork sure will help you reduce the amount of sparetime;-)

Tom