Sign in to follow this  
JRCHolsters

Recent Cross Draw Holsters.

Just thought I would share a couple of recent Cross Draw holsters I made for some customers. Hope you like them.

img_9387.jpg

This is for a 3" 1911. It is Dark Brown Shark and Yellow Ring Lizard. Both are laminated over Horsehide.

img_9386.jpg

This one is for the HK45C. It is in a Cordovan / Burgundy Horsehide. This one was built for a female customer, so there are a few minor enhancements to make it more comfortable for her.

WOW. I like them, Especially the first one. Nice work.

Thanks. I was a little skeptical when the customer laid out his idea to me, but once it was finished, I was thinking I might need one for myself.

WOW. I like them, Especially the first one. Nice work.

From the grump: Very nice work. My only comment might be that I always keep the muzzle end open. NOBODY ever cleans out the crud that shows up down there - and you'd be surprised just how much junk ends up in a closed toe holster. Mike

Edited by katsass

Very nice work, JR.

Does the retention adjustor apply that much extra pressure over a straight fit? Or, is the idea to make the draw a little loose when wet molding, and then snug up on the trigger guard?

I have no experience with a leather rig + retention screw is why I ask.

Jake

Katsass - It's hard to tell from the pics, but they are open ended. The stitch line on the exotic is just to give it a clean look. Thanks for the compliment.

Jake - I usually don't put retention screws in on holsters. This was one of those things that the customer really felt he needed one. It will tighten it up a bit, but I personally don't think it was needed.

Those are really beautiful work. Very clean lines!

I agree with the other comments. Very nice looking holsters.

Very nice work ! Ditto on closed toes , holds ice , snow and mud . I'm a fan of cross draw , especially for CCW type applications .

Chris