Just about finished. Airbrushed the color on this one. I think it turned out pretty good.post-19391-075374600 1344300986_thumb.jp

Another awesome seat. The colors are fantastic as usual. You do great work thanks for sharing. One of these days maybe i can figure out how to post pictures nd can share some of my stuff.

Hy Ben

Great job,really awesome.

What kind of colors have you used for?

Cuold you explain me how did you use the colors?

At least, I use Tan Kote to finish the work, do you use the same or another one?

Thank's

Ivan

That is just AWESOME!!You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Stitch~

very clean looking. nice design. I have to wonder if the color will stay on a bike that gets used often. just curious, doesnt take away from the seat work. its super nice.

Thanks for the comments...I'm going to finish up by some shading on the cards and then leather balm it. I have warned the customer about color staying. He has another seat of mine that he'll be switching back and forth and hopefully it will last for a while. I haven't used Tan Kote. As far as the coloring procedure I taped off the cards and airbrushed the green on first then took the black around the edges to finish up.

Nice job! Did you use acrylic colors thinned with water?

Nice job! Did you use acrylic colors thinned with water?

Thanks, I used Fiebings not thinned.

I guess that was dye and not paint?

Sorry, yes Fiebings alcohol dye!

I guess that was dye and not paint?

Sorry, yes Fiebings alcohol dye!

Cool, Thanks! I have one of those little $15 airbrushes from Harbor Freight to spray dyes and paint on leather. Works pretty good for the money.

Shading is done around the cards now and ready for leather balm.

post-19391-021566600 1344356175_thumb.jp

The shading looks really good.

I'm sure that you have your reasons, but I'm going to make one suggestion. This is just my personal preference, but I think the Mexican Round Basket lacing around the edge would really set it off. To me, I think it just adds a much more finished and expensive look to the finished seat. And maybe keeping time invested and cost down is why you didn't use it, that's just my favorite edge lacing.

Don't get me wrong, it looks good now, I just think that would add even more to it. I'm sure others will say that a minimal look is better.

Edited by Bobby hdflame

Benlilly, Another awesome seat! And green is my fav color!

Cheers, keep 'em coming.

Kevin

Well Bobby, I was just changing it up for the style of the bike... I usually do the triple stitch. Haven't done the mexican round yet. Maybe on the next one.

The shading looks really good.

I'm sure that you have your reasons, but I'm going to make one suggestion. This is just my personal preference, but I think the Mexican Round Basket lacing around the edge would really set it off. To me, I think it just adds a much more finished and expensive look to the finished seat. And maybe keeping time invested and cost down is why you didn't use it, that's just my favorite edge lacing.

Don't get me wrong, it looks good now, I just think that would add even more to it. I'm sure others will say that a minimal look is better.

The seat looks really good. I've had no luck with color on seats. Let me know how it looks in 6 months. My bet is that the color is on the back of someone's jeans.

Dave

NICE! I know how the color like to take a hike with normal use. I use BIC permanent markers for small colored areas as they will wear off anyway and they look pretty cool when they're wearing off.