Sign in to follow this  
ChimeraKennels

Updated (Been A While)

I want to thank everyone here for their help. While I have only done a little leather...as I mostly do heavy nylon, and now that I know how to use it things are going very well and are now trouble free. I can tell I am at the upper limits of the Pfaff 145 machine, but I only have problems with thick stuff when I reverse directions too fast as it has some difficulty feeding thick stiff in reverse.

Going forward, I have no problems, and going reverse is ok too if I go slow. With care...I am able to meet my needs trouble free. I will update to a heavier "full commercial leather" machine even though most of my work is nylon. Here is a sample of the nylon collars I am making...

HeavyNylonCollar.jpg

HeavyNylonHandleCollar.jpg

HeavyNylonHandleCollarpic4.jpg

HeavyNylonHandleCollarpic5.jpg

HeavyLeash.jpg

Edited by ChimeraKennels

Beautiful work, and beautiful animal.

Nice looking work there.

Are both the feet lifting & clearing the material as the feet are walking?

Bob

Thanks.

Bob,

Both feet lift...and clear when I am at 3 layers...at 4 layers though, they go through the motion of lifting, but barely clear. Going forward is no problem, but in reverse I either have minor feed issues (or too much tension on the top it seems) and I will bend the needle. As long as I go forward, I literally have zero issues...and I can go in reverse too if I go very slow. I certainly am not a pro by any means...but if I loosen up the tension the stitch isn't as nice. So, while not "perfect" it seems to get the job done very well if I am patient. Maybe next year I will talk to you about that 4500.