I found a great tutorial online for these! Next time I think I would add a little more leather to the top (wrap around part). Other than that, they fit amazingly!

post-30767-023799100 1347895917_thumb.jp

Very cool! I like them!

Nice work :) I've been wanting to make some similar to that for some time, for hunting. Can I ask where you found the tutorial?

Thanks all! I did make a sole for these (the only way I could think of after the fact anyway lol) because I want to wear them to the ren faire this weekend. I wasn't sure how long such a thin layer of leather would last walking around a place like that.

This is the link to the tutorial http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/14813 I strongly urge you to make a seperate pattern for each of your feet.

Those are very hippie-barbarian chic! nice job...

well done , try a new pair

I like Paleoplanet. People are willing to experiment over there. There's a great long tutorial on how to Tan deer hide veg-tan HAIR ON.

Nice work smile.gif I've been wanting to make some similar to that for some time, for hunting. Can I ask where you found the tutorial?

Camaroo... may I suggest the tutorial over at seamlyne? It's more of a boot... that you fit to your foot by making a duct tape casting.

Here's the link. Prototype first with a sturdy fabric like canvas... then cut your leather. Also barge cement mixed with tire grindings (from a retread shop) make a great sturdy yet quiet outsole that is completely repairable.

Anyway... here's the tutorial. http://www.seamlyne.com/design/costume/footwear/footwear_index.asp

Wow, thanks for that link Sylvia! I have been looking EVERYWHERE for that style mocc. I actually tought about taking a class in Oregon from a maker there. I am in Delaware lol!

Wow, thanks for that link Sylvia! I have been looking EVERYWHERE for that style mocc. I actually tought about taking a class in Oregon from a maker there. I am in Delaware lol!

Renee you are welcome.

Heh... you mean the fellow at Soddhoppers? I grew up around his stuff and always coveted his elk or Buffalo boots. He has a instructional DVD set for $500 but man that was too rich for my blood. The Seamlyne fellow does exactly, well almost.... the same boot and uses the same method. I have a cast and pattern made but I forgot an important step. Marking across the lines so you know where to match up the pattern. I'll need to recast the pattern now because that's really important when you go to construct the pieces.

Bonney and Wills School of Shoemaking and Design. I don't know if their place is called Soddhoppers or not, but yes they are pretty rich for most peoples blood lol. Those boots sell for about $500.00 at Renn Faires and there back log last time I checked was almost a YEAR! I decided to search for a better way to get my boots and came across the site for Bonney and Wills. I think the course is like $1200 ish for the class. I think it's like a 7 day class. So not only do you pay for the class but also for food, travel, and sleeping arraingements. Ugh!