rschreck

New Guy. First Post. Leatherworking For 2 Weeks.

Hello everyone.

So I've been bitten. My fiance and I were in Hobby Lobby and I saw a Tandy Basic Leathercraft Set. Figured it would fun to try and a wallet, key fob, money clip, and coin purse later, I'm hooked. Not saying my work is anything nice to look at, but it's a start.

After doing some lurking on here, I've gathered that the Tandy tools that come with the set aren't the best in the world.

I've had some money stuffed away from a rainy day and I've decided to use it on leather tools. I would LOVE to get the best I can get for my money. Any suggestions on brands, stamp types, and either a mallet or a maul? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, Rich.

Barry King can fix you right up with what you need. He has a web site but If I was you I would give him a call and explain what you are wanting to do. He is one of the good guys and will help you out.

RC

If you have the means, buy the best tools you can afford. They truly make a difference. Plus, if you decide its not for you, you can recoup the costs better with good tools.