Ok, after a little break, here is my best work so far...

My third moleskine cover.

I think I might try selling these soon=)

Comments and critique welcome =)

post-24937-0-55532500-1354140898_thumb.j

post-24937-0-42459400-1354140908_thumb.j

post-24937-0-24034300-1354140922_thumb.j

That is really nice work, the stiching, carving and dye is perfect....great job.

Very nice ,well done perfect scale ,very appealing . What is the inside like ? In a retail setting what price would you expct to market this at ? Is there a wholesale price ? Who is your target customer for this project ? I really really like this my compliments on a job well done . Big round of applause from me . Thanks for showing this . I really liked your tooling those were hours well spent . Thanks again for showing this . Bill

That is really beautiful Cheryl

Thanks guys!

Bluesman - the inside is just 2 flaps where you'd slide the notebook sides into. Nothing fancy =)

I've only been doing leatherwork as a hobby so far, so not sure about the price yet. This cover was a pattern proof and it's a present, so I'll need to make another couple before I figure out how much to charge for them. What do you recon?

I don't think I'll be doing any wholesale orders within the next 5 years or so, so it will all be retail.

Target customers would probably be anyone who still uses a pocket diary =) As I said, its all been on hobby level so far so I'll need to come up with a little marketing plan =)

Thanks guys!

Bluesman - the inside is just 2 flaps where you'd slide the notebook sides into. Nothing fancy =)

I've only been doing leatherwork as a hobby so far, so not sure about the price yet. This cover was a pattern proof and it's a present, so I'll need to make another couple before I figure out how much to charge for them. What do you recon?

I don't think I'll be doing any wholesale orders within the next 5 years or so, so it will all be retail.

Target customers would probably be anyone who still uses a pocket diary =) As I said, its all been on hobby level so far so I'll need to come up with a little marketing plan =)

I would not venture a guess on cost . You could use as a target audience :Professional women , Teenage girls , Business men , Attorneys its wide open with just a change in the look of the tooling to appeal to your audience . Young girls will like one thing and professionals will be drawn to something else. This opens the door for great creativty if you understand your customers . This is a wonderful product with lots of potential . It will make a splendid gift . I am glad to hear you are enjoying making these and wish for you many plesant hours at the bench creating these covers. Thanks for the response . This is a realy nice piece of work . Bill

you bet that yiu can start selling!!

really neat work!! :D

nice simple design. good job

Thanks for the comments!

Bill:

Most of the older professionals (60+) still have style here so they would be happy paying a high price for good quality leather goods. Most of the younger ones...well... the fact that they wear white gym trainers and rucksacks with suits sums it up really... Don't think there will be any interest in high end leather among them and they seem to be more used to cheap thin vinyl stuff...

But I was thinking of the same target customers as you suggested.