Hand sewn deer skin bags /with hand cut fringe using a 60mm rotary olfa cutter to cut the fringe . These are sold wholesale by the dozens on the fringe bags . The small bags are sold by the 100's The primary market for these bags is tourist type shops and the native american community . Lots of folks add bead work and resell them . Each of these bags has at least 10 variations all using the same pattern ,just different assembly . The fringe is cut to 5 strings to a inch without variation . Same technique is used for the neck cords and draw strings . Cutting fringe and strings opens a huge amount of doors ,including braiding decorative stitching etc the list is huge . I am going to deliver these bags on Friday using those new black saddle bags to carry them and finally get some feed back on the saddle bags . Useing the fishing venacular I am going trolling with the saddle bags . Bill

post-21599-0-64316300-1354236250_thumb.j

post-21599-0-11165100-1354236347_thumb.j

post-21599-0-87275300-1354236447_thumb.j

Nice work Bill!

Kind of a sneaky bugger with the saddle bag trick, aren't ya?? LOL Very nice work Bill!

Kind of a sneaky bugger with the saddle bag trick, aren't ya?? LOL Very nice work Bill!

Yep some one is going to make a offer for sure . Dont mind using them either . LOL People always pay more if you act like you are not selling what you are selling . So when I walk the plaza in Santa Fe its dress the part act the part and walk slow . Tourist is always going to stop and ask .

Yep some one is going to make a offer for sure . Dont mind using them either . LOL People always pay more if you act like you are not selling what you are selling . So when I walk the plaza in Santa Fe its dress the part act the part and walk slow . Tourist is always going to stop and ask .

People are funny that way..I am shutting down one aspect of my business that I have had for many years, and suddenly I have offers of double the normal rate for that particular service..They desperately want what they can't have anymore:) Human nature is a mystery sometimes...

Nice work on those! They never seem to go out of style! Are they hand stitched or do you use a machine. Just wondering.

Nice looking bags Bill, that's a lot of hand stitching. Did you go through the whole 150 sq ft of deer hide yet?

Nice work on those! They never seem to go out of style! Are they hand stitched or do you use a machine. Just wondering.

They are hand sewed . I use a tandy tool that pre punches all the holes making the sewing lots faster making all the holes takes about 60 seconds ,sewing about 3 minutes .

Nice looking bags Bill, that's a lot of hand stitching. Did you go through the whole 150 sq ft of deer hide yet?

No I believe thats just the second hide . I found a big clean area good both sides on the first hide so I cut a piece 10'' X 30 inches for the fringe on a large bag that sells for 75.00 the front and backs were already cut . Got the long strings for the braided handles out of the first hide .The rest was used for these bags .There is enough left from the balance of these hides to get another 40.00 in small bags maybe . Long and short of that is there is more left before cutting the next hide . Seems on average all I can squeeze out of the hides is 2.5 or 3 times money selling wholesale . Advantage is when I sell all to one client the profit and prinicple come back in one stroke . I really do get to see my principle again in one lump . Bill

Very nice. I love the color.

nice work bill.i like those very much.

Awesome. Use a jedi mind trick on the saddle bags.

Awesome. Use a jedi mind trick on the saddle bags.

That will make for a great story later . The last time I did that I ended up selling a fancy bag to Randy Travis wife Elizebeth on the plaza . That was a nice day she paid 250.00 for that bag . Bill

Those are realy nice Bill, they would be a hot item anywhere!

Good luck with the saddle bags! :)

Done all delivered cash in hand . Finally got the draft paper I need to complete the patterns for the horse . Cant belive large graph paper is 22.95 fo a pad . Send the patterns on Monday and off to Santa Fe on Tuesday . Long trip by train takes all day up and back . Need to learn something new this week end so its back to the bench . Time to make some bags that I havent done in awhile . Bill

Those are realy nice Bill, they would be a hot item anywhere!

Good luck with the saddle bags! :)

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement . Bill

So you did your trip today. Good deal on selling all of these. Can't wait to hear about the new bags. These are beautiful. Cheryl

Nice bags, Ive not made anything like this yet, the closest I made are suede ring pouches for my friends weddings.