I love money clips and these magnetic ones are the best. I buy the magnet sets from Tandy then cut the backs from 3-4 oz HO and the liner from Pig Skin Lining. I've got one I've been toting for a long time, it's completely shiney from wearing in my pocket. I got a piece of skin that looked pretty good in a remnant box from SLC and made several of the Aligator ones, in fact I replaced my old worn one with one of the new Aligators. However, I sold them all out at a craft fair last week. Anyway, these are some I finished recently.

Chief

:crazy:

post-6362-0-79176500-1354546095_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-79956600-1354546097_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-50647700-1354546099_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-34016700-1354546101_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-15672200-1354546318_thumb.jp

Nice, Chief. I like these little things, too. Made this one for myself, but a buddy "appropriated" it before I got it in the pocket (but I did get the C-note back) :)

One o these days, I think I need to make something like this to add a USB drive - not sure about the magnets with it, though ...

USB drives are supposed to be impervious to magnetic fields, so I don't think you'll have an issue.

Chief, your moneyclips look great. I especially like the oak leaf.

Edited by WinterBear

Looks good, could you show a pic of the inside?

Nice, Chief. I like these little things, too. Made this one for myself, but a buddy "appropriated" it before I got it in the pocket (but I did get the C-note back) :)

One o these days, I think I need to make something like this to add a USB drive - not sure about the magnets with it, though ...

Beautiful, nice job on that.

I don't but I'll take one and send it in a little while.

Chief

USB drives are supposed to be impervious to magnetic fields, so I don't think you'll have an issue.

Chief, your moneyclips look great. I especially like the oak leaf.

Thanks WinterBear,

I like the oak leaf better as well, but lots of folks like the basket weave stuff.

Chief

Nice work!. Chief, the two metal plates go on the money side of the magnet?

Edited by SooperJake

Nice idea those should be a great revenue producer for a long time .Thanks for posting your pics . I enjoyed hearing of your craft show adventures as well . I keep saying I am going to do one of those and never get to it . Maybe before Christmas there will be a pow wow I can do . Like those better any way . Thanks for all you do here and may I say I always enjoy your posts . Good to know you are enjoying life and your time at the bench. Bill

Nice idea those should be a great revenue producer for a long time .Thanks for posting your pics . I enjoyed hearing of your craft show adventures as well . I keep saying I am going to do one of those and never get to it . Maybe before Christmas there will be a pow wow I can do . Like those better any way . Thanks for all you do here and may I say I always enjoy your posts . Good to know you are enjoying life and your time at the bench. Bill

Thanks Bill,

I kind of enjoy craft fairs and I do a lot of Bluegrass Festivals. I'm a Disabled Vet and I don't get out to see folks much like I did when I was working, so I enjoy the fairs and festivals even if I don't sell anything, just so I can talk to people and meet new folks.

Chief

Nice work!. Chief, the two metal plates go on the money side of the magnet?

SooperJake,

I've never been told or heard which side they go on, I always put them against the leather backing, I glue them there with contact cement and I kind of liked cementing the metal plate vice the magnet itself, also the plate has a little "sharper" edge then the magnet so I liked it against the pigskin. I'm not positive how it was designed to be used, but this works for me.

Thanks,

Chief

Sherlockian100,

You asked for it, I went and done it. Here tis'

Chief

post-6362-0-00753700-1354553717_thumb.jp

Thank you kind Sir'

Excellent work Chief. I'llhave to look you up one day when I get back to Georgia and you can show me around these craft fairs. Thanks for showing.

Excellent work Chief. I'llhave to look you up one day when I get back to Georgia and you can show me around these craft fairs. Thanks for showing.

Thanks CountryTrash,

I used to get to Oceanside once in a while before I retired, I worked with a large defense contractor and went to Camp Pendleton from time-to-time.

Thanks,

Chief