ReneeCanady

Sorry For The Extra Large Pics.

I wanted to get the photos up on the site tonight so I can wrap it and put it under the tree. I thought I was finished until I started taking these pics. I need to add more tacks to the lid. No matter what adhesive I used on the lid, it just wouldn't stick. My husband said that all of our daughter's belly dance friends will want one of these to hold their candle trays. My response was that they couldn't pay me enought to do this again lol. Thanks for looking at my work all. This month makes one year since I picked up a leather tool and I can't seem to put them down!

PC200143_zps8f122ceb.jpg

PC200142_zpsf2c14bc0.jpg

PC200141_zps942468c8.jpg

PC200140_zpsc27774b8.jpg

PC200139_zps8ccc8351.jpg

Very nicely done Ms. Renee. And yea, this can get real addictive in a hurry.You'll really be amazed in a couple years when you look back at how far you've come. Although, you've set the bar pretty high for yourself. When I started, I set the bar real low....LOL.

Thank you very much! In just a years time I already look back and laugh at some of the simplest mistakes I made on my projects. One of my first projects was a full set of armor LOL. I look at that now and want to make so many changes to that as well but my list of " I am making one of those next" is pretty long. I have learned so much from this site. It is amazing!

Before you know it, you'll be working full time in your shop. For the past 3 days, I've been staying in the shop until 12:30 or 1 a.m. trying to get Christmas orders done. What started as something to "unwind" from being on the road in my "real" job, has now become a full time job. I need to get back out on the road to unwind from the shop....LOL.

Looks good, not sure what it's though. One suggestion i would make is not to punch so many holes in you buckle strap. Measure back back two or three inches from the end and punch your holes.

LOL Double U! Somehow I can almost see needing something to unwind from what was your way of unwinding. Awesome thing about that is you are making a living at something you enjoy. I feel for you working that many hours though because I know my fingers hurt like crazy and I took my time with this one.

Dirt~ Very good suggestion and I also noticed that when I was finished. I thought it would make it more decorative, but I agree, it does not. It is a round box that will hold a huge brass tray of candles for a belly dancer (one of my daughteres). She dances with the tray of candles on her head www.shirazraqs.com

Thanks Nerull! I am sure you are/will be just as good very soon. I know this because it is very addicting and you will have no choice LOL.

Renee, what a project and what an awesome job you did. Cheryl

Super nice work. .......I have a looooong way to go...

Looks really good. How did you affix the circular pieces that make up the top and bottom? I was thinking maybe you hand stitched it like a mitter joint but I don't see any stitch line.

There are wooden circles on the top and bottom that are glued to the leather. There are also 1inch wooden circle things (lol I don't know what they are called but they are the wooden circle things people use to cross stitch fabric) adhered to the large wooden circles on the top and bottoms and one more of those on the top part of the box/bucket part. There is also padding under the fabric. I think the only part of leather that is stitched is the side seam, but the fabric is sewn in a few places to create the pillow effect. I am sure that description makes no sense lol.